icon

alpine sws-1241d

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  
has anyone used these subs? or has anyone heard these subs? the wattage at 200 rms 600 peak seems low but will these hit hard? also will one only hit hard in a s10 regular cab? thanks in advance for the input....
the louder the better !!!!!!
can you feel it ?????
gumby_55 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 3:35 AM / IP Logged  
They are pretty good subs but it really depends on how you use them. They are more for sound quality and cleanliness not SPL.  It will mostly depend on the box you use and how much power you give them. You might even want to think about spending a litle more for the type R's if you want to stick with alpine. They would be money well spent. You will probably be hppy either way.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
Go with JL's W0 or W3 subs. They can really pound ,especially the W3s. If you can spend the money definitely go with the W3s. Try one or two W0s or a even just a single W3 12" sub.
fatdaddyjoe 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
well the thing is i got two of these used for $65 and i only have room for one because i dont want to push the drivers seat forward to accomidate for a sub.i was going to use one of these 12's with a 300 watt mono amp (preferably an alpine)along with my alpine cda-7893 head unit...do you all think this will be a good setup for my truck.i am not trying to shatter any windows just have good clean bass.....thanks for the input.......
the louder the better !!!!!!
can you feel it ?????
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
that will sound great.  Give the sub about 1.25 cube's in a sealed box and it will rock.  They are basically the best sub you can fit in regular cab trucks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic