icon

Which Enclosure?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gumby_55 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
I am stuck on which enclosure I want to get. I have an explorer with two 10's in a bandbass. It sounds great but I need to go louder. I was wondering if I should get another dual bandpass box and have both in the back or get a quad sealed box. I want somethng that will really pound!!! If the quad box where could I find one? I have looked but they are pretty scarce.
sbrock 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
a 4-10 ported box would definitely be your best bet and as far as finding a quad speaker box you might have to have one custom made but make sure it is by someone who knows what they are doing because it can really make a difference for the good or bad
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2004 at 9:38 AM / IP Logged  
What make and model subs do you have? Are you competing? Also what kind of music do you listen to?
gumby_55 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
The subs are power acoustik FUBR 10's. I haven't done any competitions but am thinking about it. And I listen to rap mostly with some metal. I want some sound quality but mostly SPL.  Thanks.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
Give them (all four) a good ported box and they should play really loud with a little SQ still.
sbrock 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with customsuburb they will sound best in a ported enclosure I have a friend who has the FUBR 12's in a ported box and it don't sound to bad 
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
Have the box built to suit the needs of the vehicle and the subs. A ported box in this case will wail with 4 subs. Make sure that you have adequate power for them and an adequate pre-out voltage to give the amp a usable signal. Consider an Audio Control Epicenter for big bad bottom end and a sub saving subsonic filter. 4 12's in an Exploder - woohoo... The box is your most important consideration, it will make or break what you need. If you go to a coupled chamber box, it will work, be a little smaller BUT if you blow one sub, the entire sub system will be dead. For this reason I would suggest separate ported boxes, one for each sub.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic