icon

Need Some Assistance

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TheMadScientist 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
I have a question,but I did not know which category to put it in. Okay, here is my situation. I have a Pioneer AVH-P6400CD. Okay, I am going to use the Aux-input to run to my PS2. My video output to an additional monitor. Now, here is my dilemma. Is there anyway with this setup that I can add a Cd-Changer. I do not want to use a Fm-Modulator or whatever they are called. I don't know if i need to buy additional items or what. Well, thank you for your time.
the Finn 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  

You can use any IP-Bus Pioneer CD changer, or if you are bruning off the IP-Bus for the AUX in, get the CD-RB20 ($80) from Pioneer. It gives you an AUX in while keeping your IP-Bus free for a changer.

Does this answer your question? Let me know if I can help any further.

~Cory
Car Concepts SLC
Alpine F#1Status Certified
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
What's an IP-Bus CD Changer or whatever you were talking about. I tried to look them up and read on them but it just confused me more. I'm not using any special changer right now. I'm just running the PS2 and the additional monitor off of the normal Inputs and Outputs.
the Finn 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  

Pioneer's changer interface is called IP-Bus. On the back of your 6400CD, you should see a blue plug that is 13 or 16 pins (can't remember how many exactly). That is the port you hook the changer to. Any Pioneer CD changer will plug into that. CDX-P676 or CDX-P1276 are the model numbers of their current 6 and 12 disc units. They are on Pioneer's website under Premier.

Hope that helps!

~Cory
Car Concepts SLC
Alpine F#1Status Certified
TheMadScientist 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
That helps alot. Thanks... I was afraid since I added a PS2 and a monitor that I couldn't add a changer. I really appreciate your help. Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic