the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Question ABouth Two LCD Remotes RSX 3.5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
HI, WHen I got the Clifford RSX3.5 it only came with one remote I Went to a Store and I was going to get the same one that came with the alamr which is The LCD Remote, But they told me that If I get the same remote, the alarm Range will not be the same, That using two LCd remote Will Not be the range the same..
Does anybody Have two LCD, and WHat do you guys think.....
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
i dont know why it would go down... the clifford has a second non lcd you can buy.  maybe the constant 2way communication with two remotes makes them share bandwidth or something, call DEI techs on that one.
geotexz71 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
I've done countless installs of the various Responders where two 2-way LCD remotes were requested, and both of my personal vehicles have dual 2-ways too! Have had no problems or issues with dual 2-ways. Even if range suffers, how often will you have both remotes in-range transmission range anyway? At home in the driveway/garage? While your spouse is with you? I do not think many owners would carry a pair of expensive 2-way remotes just to be sure... That's what the 1-way companion remotes are for - keep one in my briefcase just to be sure.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  

I don't know what the installer was thinking but what if you loose one of the remotes somewhere in your house and it is on vibrate or you have lost it somewhere around your house. Then you order a new one, and you loose range? I don't see how DEI wouldn't of found this out during the testing of tihs unit?

~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic