icon

Bondo-Glass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
s7726 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

I want to get some oppinions on Bondo-Glass. It's 9.99 at home depot. So seems cheaper than a lot of the other "bodyfillers with fiber in them". I have only seen two people in the forums mention it by name but I wanted to get some inut as to how it performs compared to the other products i hear about more. Does it crack over a shorter time or at all? that kind of thing.

Thanks,

Gavin S.

beyondamfm 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2004 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
It cool if if you work fast, I noticed it takes out a step or two. overall good product in my book
The Clear Bra Guy
KCs premiere paint protection guru
toosweetaudio 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
Don't be cheap. Go and buy a gallon of resin and a gallon of bondo and mix at about 50/50. you will need to use both hardeners and it works well as a top coat. But if you are using it to set up a mold, then you need just regular fiberglass resin to do that.
audiomechanic 
Silver - Posts: 388
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
the bondo-glass does work well......there are other products and to be honest i perfer them over the bondo-glass. it isnt a quality thing......it is a choice. the kinds i ude the most are evercoat and duraglass. between the 2 the duraglass seems a bit harder. but the bondo-glass will work well and at that price is a bargin. these are usually the first filler used in repairing bodywork on cars.
the 50/50 mix milk shake will work. you can just use MEKP in the mixture though.
it all depends on the way you want to go about it. adding anything to the front of your project will increase the amount of time and sanding you put into it.
spl_enterprise 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
bondo-hair okay, just dont overdo it on the hardner or youll be sorry. duraglass is what the pro's use, its a little more costly, but it applies a lot easier because it doesnt have those long chopped strands of glass in it. you be the judge, just take you time with the bondo-hair and dont do too big of a spot at once.
Pete - SPL Enterprise Inc.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic