icon

1995 Dodge Neon system suggestions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hey man, might i suggest, getting 2 12" Diamond Audio MX3's, in a ported box, and one kole audio 1000 watt amp. My friend has that in his monte carlo, and he is hitting 151.2 db. it sounds amazing. its not boomy bass, its accurate, and neat, but incredibly loud too. Just a suggestion.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
The reason the JL's sound so great is because of their excellent damping factor (control of the speaker) at any of their impedances. JL's slash series are great amps.
neon_knights 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  

Well I want to thank everyone for their suggestions.I am thinking about going with a Eclipse or Alpine head unit,MB quartz or Ifinity component set,2 12" jl audio,audiobahn,crossfire,or Alpine subs.The amps I still do not have norrowed down yet.but out of the items i have listed what would be a good sounding system? also does anyone know where to get an eclpise haed unit?Also one last question,what are some of the better amps out there?

Thanks,
     Thomas
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
Some of the better amps out there are JL's e and slash series, Rockford Fosgate, and Alpine's V12 series. For my system I would pick an Eclipse HU, MB Quarts component set, and 2 12" JL W3v2 or W6v2 subs depending on how much you want to spend, finally for the amp if you get the 12" W3v2 subs look at JL's 500/1 or Alpine's MRD-500. If you get two 12" W6v2 s then get a JL 1000/1, a Rockford Fosgate Power 1001bd, or an Alpine MRD-1000. The amps I listed are in order from I think the best to good.
neon_knights 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

Where is a good place to get an eclipse head unit? No shop where i live has them...Any help with this would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
     Thomas
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
Find yourself the next closest dealer for that Eclipse head unit and then it's road trip time..... Eclipse's web site www.eclipse-web.com will point you in the direction of your closest authorized retailer. Do not buy from the web, they are not available there and there is no warranty. I just installed a customers Eclipse premium series amp, a last years model that he bought of of e-bay and low and behold, it is dead and to boot he has no warranty, thus I cannot look after him. Do you think that he can find the seller? Nope, no way, uh uh, sorry, thanks for comin out though. Always buy from a authorized dealer and problems usually do not arise that cannot be looked after. It sounds like you have some good choices and recommendations on a system, good luck with it, let us know how you make out.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
the Finn 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

if you really want the eclipse unit, I bet there is a dealer on this forum (like me) who would be able to help you out if you don't mind getting it shipped. pm me about it and we can figure something out I'm sure.

I can also help you get your JL's, quarts, or almost anything else you might need. Whatever you think, let me know.

~Cory
Car Concepts SLC
Alpine F#1Status Certified
the Finn 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
disregard that last post, I failed to remember forum rules for selling equipment, and I am very sorry to everybody who I may have offended. I will offer my advice to anyone who needs it, but I will abide by the rules of this forum so that I can continue to help and be helped by everyone here. Sorry!
~Cory
Car Concepts SLC
Alpine F#1Status Certified
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic