Can someone help? Hyundai

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nikkicv 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone!

Found this site while searching the net for answers and have spent the last few hours reading through the posts! GREAT STUFF!

Here's my problem, and I couldn't find the answer in the forum archive. I'm installing a Viper alarm in a 1999 Hyundai Accent L hatchback with a manual transmission. Have found the ignition wires by probing the ignition harness and found the door trigger and trunk pin at the cluster. I'm having a problem with the parking lamps. The wiring diagrams here and at Bulldog Security conflict, and well, are just wrong (or I am dumb) because they both indicate (+) and only one wire and that's not working. That only seems to get me one side flashing! I have no diagrams to trace them. I'd really like to tap them before the relay. Can anyone tell me definity what I need? I ran out of patience tonight after probing for all of the other wires, but I'm guessing it'll be a case of switching to (-) light flash from what I did meter at the switch.

Can anyone help a girl out? I'm new to alarm installs (still learning) but have been doing sound systems for a few years now. I'd love to figure it all out 100% myself, but I have class at 9am tomorrow and need to get my car back together! Can someone help? Hyundai -- posted image.

Thank you!

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
My wire information shows RED / Black in the ignition harness and it is negative.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
There are two dark GREEN/ black wires in the driver's kick panel. One is for the parking lamps and one is for the dimmer. Test them to determine which is which. They are a positive 12 volt circuit.
sparky
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Parking Lights (+)      GREEN / WHITE              wht plug left st. col        
or
Parking Lights (-)      RED / black              headlight switch
I believe you can actually find the factory light relay with about 4 wires coming out of it under the dash. You should hear it click on and off when you turn the switch on and off. You'll find (-) and (+) trigger there.
geotexz71 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the responses! I went with the (-) parking lights off the switch!
I have two things left to hook-up this weekend: dome supervision relay (looks easy enough to build) and then tie the alarm into my aftermarket SPAL central locking system installed last year. Can anyone offer any pointers?
The SPAL system is the 2-door model with their "M5" control module. Anyone know how to tie this into the Viper's outputs without getting rid of the M5 module and using relays? Could I just splice into the sense wires from the actuator that command the M5 to lock and unlock(violet and brown) the opposing door with the Viper's green and blue outputs? Basically, make the module think the actuator commanded it? Seems reasonable as long as I diode isolate the outputs so there's no backfeed to the Viper brain when the doors are unlocked by key or pulling the lock knob? What do you guys think?
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP SO FAR!
nikkicv 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

Can someone tell me why my post just showed up as belonging to geotexz71's??? Can someone help? Hyundai -- posted image.

nikkicv 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2004 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  

Strange... Maybe we posted at the same time and there was a hiccup??  I was responding to you as I did this very car last year the hard way. Seems my post was replaced by yours though. Whatever.

If you still need help, just send me a private message as I have all my notes on the install in the 99 Accent L. The diagrams out there for this car all seem to be wrong, or just pick the worst places to splice in. Most everything you need can be had in the area of the column. Glad to see you went from the switch to pick up the (-) for the parking lights to actuate the underhood relay (it is underhood in the 3-door). That was my recommendation...

Now with your new questions, you can tie in the supervision relay at the same place you picked up the trigger at the cluster and pull +12V off the ignition harness, but that leaves the relay a little obvious. Up to you. If you're going for a stealth install you can pick it up in the passenger kick in the 14 cavity plug (only 1 there) and it's the purple wire in cavity 2. There's +12V in the harness in front of the heater box and is easily located by tracing the red wire in cavity 1 of the 4 cavity clock plug (if you don't have the clock, it's still there and clipped to the cover plate). There's a factory ground at the kick. Just hide the relay in the kick and thread the domelight wire and power wire through he main harness to it!

As for the SPAL locks, you can do as you describe as the M-modules are nothing but boarded relays. It's been too long since I have worked with one of their power lock sets ( I generally install 2-wire actuators when working from scratch), so I can't recall if they're (+) or (-). Just meter them out to see what you have. Don't forget the diodes and make sure they're facing the right way!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic