icon

Best range - 2-Way remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
echarlotte 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  

I'm in a process of purchase a 2 way remote start, but really confuse about all the operating range advertised by different manufacturers....

What I look for is something with a long range "remote-to-brain". I don't really care much for monitoring activity on the car. All I really need is to be able to start the car while I'm in my office.

I have narrow down to couple of them, would like some input. Note that all units I picked are prices below $200, I'd like to keep the cost low too.

1. Lynx 2000R

2. Valet 544R
3. Crimestopper 2015

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks !!!!

prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
The Crimestopper is a nice reliable unit,The only problem is the pager is HUGE!I have installed a couple of Delta pager units and have found them to be decent but fragile,if you drop it don't expect it to work properly.Crimestopper has a CS999 which is a very nice unit,It is only a remote start though.You can find them on E-Bay.
brianh 
Silver - Posts: 516
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
Check out www.commandoalarms.com. I sell their equipment and the FM-870 R.S/ alarm is a very nice unit. I have used them for a year now and have had no problems out of them. They also have a toll free install line if you run into trouble while installing it. Very nice folks to deal with. Their products are top notch.
Brian
owner/installer
Sight & Sound Car Stereo
"all electronic equipment runs off of smoke, once you let it out, it stops working"
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
The crimestopper has huge range man huge !!!! Better than any dei piece i ever used!!
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  

I install autostart units, and i like there 2 way remote package, it has a really nice looking remote, and 3 extra optional outputs for defrost, and heated seats and such.

It has 2000 ft range.

bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

Everyone has there own brand that they sell or like so you have to do the research for yourself. I sell Scytek 2way and they have a very reasonable range 1300-1600 feet.

http://www.scytek.net

"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic