icon

Suburban Windshield wipers wont stop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
Ok this happens almost every time i turn on the windshield wipers. On any speed they just keep going instead of stopping after i have switched them off. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
there should be a point in the wiper stroke where it hits a swich to shut power off so your wipers don' t stop in the middle of your windshield. try and find a wireing diagram for your car and trace the park circuit and test it that will be your problem i would guess it is the wiper motor but check the circuit out
good luck
kirk
BaddestBanshee 
Copper - Posts: 47
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
what year suburban, if it is about 88-95, there is a solder point under the cover on the wiper motor that breaks. Resolder it and it will work ok.
Want to know about Audi, I thought you did.
old guy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  
Are you having problems with anything else, washer, cruise etc?  Also on the older ones, as mentioned above, the multifunction switch is a piece of junk.  When it goes things really start getting screwy.   My 95 had this happen.  Lost teh washer completely, cruise worked 98% of the time, and the wipers were a 50/50 gamble.  They always came on, but did not always turn off until they were good and ready.  I had to replace the switch. 
jc
Wasilla, Alaska
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2004 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
My suburban is a 98 and nothing else isn't working in the vehicle.
johnw3 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
customsuburb, did you ever get this figured out? I have the same issue with my 98 suburban...
the_saint 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  

Hey there fellas. I'm new here and was just nosing around.  If you are still having the wiper problem...it might be the circuit board on the wiper motor. I used to work at a Champion Autoparts store and we would see this almost daily during the winter and anytime it rained.  GM with their quality partsSuburban Windshield wipers wont stop -- posted image. 

Anywhoo, if you pop the plastic cover off of your wiper motor you should see a circuit board (probably covered in grease) with a socket for the electrical connection to the motor.  That board is what was the culprit 99% of the time. Replace it and you should be good to go.

I'd go to the local parts store and see if they can get them for you. We had to get them from a ACDelco dist. in town, the aftermarket should have picked up on this trend by now so it should be relatively easy to get.

Hope this helps

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic