icon

Viper 790XV Warning Chirp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Budweiser8jr 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

I just got a 790XV installed today, but I'm having problems with the warning chirp....it doesn't exist!

When I arm/disarm the alarm, it chirps. I hit it, it does not chirp, hit it again, goes right into alarm mode. Any suggestions??

Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 2:47 AM / IP Logged  
Your shock sensor may be set so low that it doesn't pick the first impact up, but then you hit it harder and it picks that one up.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
adjust yuour shock sensor, and also the shock sensor may be in a unusable location.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
Budweiser8jr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
Okay thanks guys. I was not impressed with the install that much anyway...1 screw in the siren, antenna is on the passenger side of the windshield, valet button is in plain sight, I really have to do alot of relocaton on it.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
the person who put it in probably did not even set the shock sensitivity> And if not u will adjust that and maybe move the sensor around till u find a good spot to mount it! You can zip tie the sensor to a wiring harneess in the car towards the center is usually best for overall coverage.
whitey 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  

on the 790 shock sensor harness the green wire is looped to the blue wire on one end.  That end must be pluged in the shock sensor or else you will NOT have the warn away feature.

Visions Edmonton
Installation Manager, DLS
MECP Certified First Class
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
exactly, make sure that the looped end is plugged into the shock sensor, and the other one in the alarm.  as sais before I like to use the ignition harness, always works great for dei shocks.
2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
Budweiser8jr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  

Okay, I did set the sensitivity to max, helped a bit. It is wiretied to one of the main looms under the dash, I am going to center it in the car next weekend. I didnt know about the loop when I was under the dash....if anyone has any better pictures, I would sure appreciate it.

It was installed at a local chain called Sound Waves. The brain itself is mounted pretty stout, that did impress me, except the valet button in plain sight, but now that I found out the key has to be in the igntion for it to work, i'm okay with it being there. My e-mail/MSN Messenger address is bud8junior@hotmail.com if anyone has any pics of this loop.

Budweiser8jr 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to mention when I was under the dash I tapped the area really light and the LED in the sensor flashed (I am guessing this would have set a warn tone but didn't), then I tapped again and it went solid (guessing again this would have been a full alarm trip) so I am gonna check out that loop.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
You don't want to set your sensor all the way up you may get some false alarms like when it rains, or when someone comes up with loud music. It's a real hassle for the people around you to sleep if your alarm is going off every five minutes....Espeically if you have 4+ sirens in your car like Daniel2002p has under his hood. Viper 790XV Warning Chirp -- posted image. Good job Dan the man
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic