icon

Anyone own an installation business?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Helf 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
I'm considering getting into an installation/labor business where all I do is provide installation services to customers who bring me the products.  Anybody do this?  If so, any information and pointers would be appreciated.  I would install mobile electronics as well as automotive accessories.  Just provide a source for customers who purchase products online and stuff to have a way to have a qualified individual perform the installation.  Let me know what you guys think and if any of you guys do this I would appreciate any guidance.  Thanks,
Jason
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  
I wish that I had enough money to get my own business started. If I could I would.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
beyondamfm 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  

helf the only thing you would have to worry about is insurance, the last thing you want to do is fry a dudes ECU or something. And make sure you work with new products, because if it is used and it does not work you will sure get the blame. That is all I think you would need to get started.

The Clear Bra Guy
KCs premiere paint protection guru
HeathMac 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  

if you do start a company of your own you must go as an llc ( limited liability company) that way if you ever do get sued for anything thay cant take things form you just the company. and i make a pritty good living doing custom installs but i also do custom upholstery too so i have a double draw.

good luck

atwageman 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
Like the guy above said LLC!!  I do the a lot of the kind of work you are looking at doing.  Just make sure you have yourself protected.  People these days would rather sue than have to try working for a living.
Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic