icon

which component speakers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
schoolboyrowe 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2004 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  

Hi I was thinking about getting some 6X9's but I changed my mind and I think I will get a pair of 6 1/2" component speakers. I don't have a lot to spend on them because I have to get a whole stereo system (speakers, subwoofers, amp and boxes). So here are some links to some of the speakers Im looking at and I know these are cheap speakers, but I'm just looking for speakers that will sound good on a amp and not burn up. So, has anyone heard any of these speakers, and how do they sound?

Pyramid http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3075436685&category=18799&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Autotek http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3076744780&category=32819&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

AUDIOBAHN http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3076224494&category=18799&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

SOUNDSTORM http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3076750268&category=32819&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 12:51 AM / IP Logged  

Audiobahn...

~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
schoolboyrowe 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Thank's for the reply, so you think I should get Audiobahn?
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  

all those arent really good....

www.partsexpress.com

you can piece together a component set from them at a really really low cost and its decent stuff.

These for the rear or front?   If its for the rear, just stay with the 6x9's, subs will drown them out mostly anyways.  Now if its for the front, buy the best you can afford and can listen to.  Front set is the most important speakers to get.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
schoolboyrowe 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hi Maxst the speaker's are for the rear. I will not be using the subs all the time just when I want to show off.  I will mainly be using it without the subs.
beyondamfm 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Out of that choice the only one's I would consider would be Audiobahn.
The Clear Bra Guy
KCs premiere paint protection guru
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

id stick with the 6x9's

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3075262452&category=14942

kicker 6x9's for 50$

if you still want component:

http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=3076044153&category=32819

least get something not cheap. you get what you pay for.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
spl_enterprise 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
some jbl gto or power series components are nice and affordable. if i had to choose from them id pick the autotek, audiobahn is just plain overrrated and overpriced to boot. as for the 6x9"'s they dont sound very good. get some components, the applications are also a lot better, especially with getting what you want where you want to hear it. mess with the positioning and you can make it sound decent.
Pete - SPL Enterprise Inc.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
STAY away from all the brands you listed. Buy some cheap but excellent components from Boston or JL audio at your local dealer, NOT online. DONT buy online unless it is someone who is truely and authorized online dealer(just because some site says they are dosnt mean they really are an authorized dealer, only people like Crutchfield are dealers). If you are not sure, and I would check any site you go to to make sure, call the manufacture and ask them if they are. If you get a defective product off the net I doubt they will take a refund (especially if its off of ebay) and the manufacture will not support the products warranty if the product wasnt sold from an authorized dealer. I dont like Audoibahn or any of those products because their quality is below zero and the manufacture only cares about how the product looks. Buy some quality stuff from JL or Boston and you will be so much happier you did.
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2004 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
the new Lightning Audio Storm components are very nice!
---- 1996 Chevy S10 ----
1 Lightning Audio S2.600.2 Amp
2 Lightning Audio 12" Subs
1 Lightning Audio 1 Farad Cap
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic