icon

alpine amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nyguy4u 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
That's alot of money then. I've seen the MRV-1507 sell for as low as $250 american. And that's not used or refurbished.. that's new!
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
really, um,, he said he can;t sel lit any less, cause he bought it brand new for 2000 like 3 years ago when it first came out
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 3:00 PM / IP Logged  

First rule of sales, it is always worth $2000 when it was new back in the day, second rule, I saw it new for $500.00 last week at blankety blank blank's store. A 3 year old amp will have drastically dropped in value, I would do a search to see if it good value or not by comparing what the person is asking to what a comparable amp is now worth.

97Neon, what sub(s) do you have, what is the voice coil rating and are they single or dual coils? This will help to determine the amp that will best suit your needs. Both Alpine and JL make good amplifiers, they are designed for different applications and different budgets.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  

i have a AWT15X 15 inch sub, it;s by audiobahn, it;s dual 2 ohm vooice coils, the only proble is whe i hooked up the ohm meter to it, hoping that it was gonna read 1 ohm, it wad flucating between 1 and 2, someone told me though that it;s because noises in the backround or osmeting will make it change, so thats why im debating on a 2ohm stable amp or a 1ohm stable amp, but poele are saying to get a 1 ohm stable amp, what do you think?

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  

You can go one of two ways with this sub. It is either a 1ohm parallel wired sub or a 4 ohm series wired sub. This means that you should be in the market for a 1 ohm designed and engineered amp or a 2 channel amp that will operate this sub at 4 ohm mono. A class D sub amp is usually more efficient, less wasted power but with a slightly lower ability to control the motion of the driver, the 2 channel will have much more wasted power but have better control of the motion of the driver. Personally I would head the class D mono route.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
spl_enterprise 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 4:05 PM / IP Logged  
Jl really isnt better than alpine, but whatever you say. JL is pretty damn overrrated if you ask me, I mean $750.00 far a 12" w7 that will hadle like 1,200 w then the warranty is voided, comon now.
Pete - SPL Enterprise Inc.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Well.... why would you care about feeding it more watts for. It dosnt need more then listed and you should save money buying a smaller amp anyway. So stop complaining. At this forum we kick off people who are jl haters. Just Kidin lol.
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
he is right though, jl is overrated and overpriced, im not saying it crap, but for what i does, it sure is overpriced
spl_enterprise 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
why not feed it as much power as it can truely take? all i was saying is that JL is okay, its just not what everyone should be raving about. there is plenty of brands that get next to no credability, and they can blow JL away in price, performance, and styling. I really dont like the fact that you have to take the retaning ring off of the sub to install it. i mean it looks clean and all and nice, but its dangerous like that. if you slip with the screwdriver your gonna do alot of damage, not only that without the surround attached all thats keeping the speaker together is the voice coil and pole piece, and if you know like i do thats the most easily destroyed part of the speaker as well as the most important. i really wasnt complaning, i was just stating that alpine is just a better brand overall. im definitely not hatin on sh*t. peace
Pete - SPL Enterprise Inc.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic