quick ohm question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
shadowrelic wrote:

wire 2 4ohm speakers parrellel to 2 more 4ohm speakers tell me the impendance :D

(hint: i just proved you wrong)    

http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm         <--- read that

BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
shadowrelic wrote:

wire 2 4ohm speakers parrellel to 2 more 4ohm speakers tell me the impendance :D

(hint: i just proved you wrong)    

http://www.bcae1.com/spkrmlti.htm         <--- read that

HOLY SMOLe-ee that web site really helps me understand connecting stuff better

omg how did u know that website

damn ur good thank you so much man for the information

mwa love you

take care

i still have problems with my 1000 watt amp though hahahha plz help me?

mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
OH PLEASE WHAT YOU THINK U KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, YOU KNOW NOTHING MAN!!!iM NOT WASTING MY TIME ON YOU .i WILL LET SOMEONE ELSE DO IT HAVE A NICE NIGHT THE IMPEDANCE CAN ONLY DROP MY FRIEND IT WILL NEVER GO UP IN THSI SITUATION!
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2004 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
and as you rais eth eimpedance volume will lower
keep learming and reading before you think u know it all!!
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
and as the speakers are split the volume will be so low you wont even benefit from it unless you add an amp>
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
you are talking about a series connection and yes the resistance goes up> true it does add but you will never have enough power to do it and you said 10 speakers my friend inpossible not 4 like u are saying now. Get your story straight and dont question me again or i may make u feel real stupid,like your first post sounded !
shadowrelic 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  

i realise that the volume is lowered, i was just saying that you can connect multiple speakers without frying a stereo.

bangbang: i know that site is awsome :D i found it on google, go to the main page there is like 150 totorials about car audio!!!! combined with this site.... no more audio trouble :D

2 subs
1 amp
0 knowledge of how to hook them up to my car.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
good u learned something im glad you learned that resitance is verry versatile. It can go up and down depending on wiring configuration but you first said 10 speakers and this conversation is useless becaus ewhat you want to do is pointless!!!! And you did not teach me something i did not alreay know!!If you want to learn ask dont act like u can test me i can teach you a lot as a lot of others here. Be nice and dont be a know it all (because u read something somewhere)and everyone will learn ,have a nice night!
shadowrelic 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  

lol mobile toys u act like i insulted you or something :D  no hard feeling ok?  you helped get my question answered and thats all i needed.  o yeah and the 10 speaker thing was just an example...

i have 6 speakers in my room and i was wondering if it really maddered if i hooked them up 3 per channel....  now i have my answer :D  all my stuff is diferent ohms, trying to get the recomended ohms on a crappy stereo is kind of hard (the damn thing wants me to get it up to 6 ohms.... grrr)

any ideas on how to hook a 8ohm, a 6 ohm, and a 4 ohm up to equal 6 ohms?  i used the basic install methods and couldnt figure it out, but combining parallel and series gets a little confuzing to a beginer :D (WAY to long of a guide....im sure it worth it though )

thanks for all the help guys!

2 subs
1 amp
0 knowledge of how to hook them up to my car.
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 1:15 AM / IP Logged  
shadowrelic

any ideas on how to hook a 8ohm, a 6 ohm, and a 4 ohm up to equal 6 ohms?  i used the basic install methods and couldnt figure it out, but combining parallel and series gets a little confuzing to a beginer :D (WAY to long of a guide....im sure it worth it though )

thanks for all the help guys!

[/QUOTE wrote:

If you wired them in parrell you would get a 1.85ohm load (parrell will always be lower than the lowest amount of resistance)

If you wired them in series you would get a 18 ohm load ( the sum of the resistance)

If you wired them in parrell you would get a 1.85ohm load (parrell will always be lower than the lowest amount of resistance)

If you wired them in series you would get a 18 ohm load ( the sum of the resistance)

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic