icon

2000 Ford Explorer Arm / Dis-arm questio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Threadcutter 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2004 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  

I am installing a DEI Rattler 369D remote start and keyless entry in a 2000 Ford Explorer.  Its the wifes car.  I have recently installed the same model in my daughters 98 Honda Accord and My 2003 Ford F-150.

I am encountering a problem with identifing the alarm arm and dis-arm wires.  The spec sheet from DEI show s GREEN/ purple wire as alarm dis-arm and states the alarm arms on door lock.  I down loaded a similar spec sheet from this site that indicates if the vehicle is has a transponder with keyless entry the wires are Arm= pink /black+ and Dis-arm= RED / orange+.  When I prob the pink/black and the RED / orange I get 10 volts showing for a moment when I hit the key less entry button to lock or unlock.  The GREEN/ purple wire does nothing when I probe it the same way.  All I get is a negative symbol (-) on my DMM.

The Rattler unit puts out a negative pulse for alarm dis arm and I assume a negative pule for alarm arm.  I tried changing polarity with relays but kept blowing the fuse I installed to protect the relay circuit. (15amp)

Anybody ever wire a rattler into a 2000 ford explorer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Threadcutter

Think Challenge, not Crisis!!!
S.I.Autosports 
Copper - Posts: 98
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  
When you probed the grn/purple wire did you put the black lead on the meter to that wire and the red to 12v?
Threadcutter 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 8:02 AM / IP Logged  
I put  the red leg of my DMM on the positive terminal of the battery when I probed the green\purple wire.  Thats in part what has me confused.
Think Challenge, not Crisis!!!
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
in your car you cannot arm the factory unless a door is open so in order to arm the factory you would have to send a negative pulse to the lock wire as well as the door trigger wire in the drivers door(yellow/black wire at the boot)you would need a diode to do this!
The GREEN/ purple is dasrm and is in the drivers kick panel all are negative pulse.
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2004 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
actually if you dont care about arming the factory you may be able to get away with not connecting the GREEN/ purple at all as long as you never lock the doors while the door is opem!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic