is this the right way to install amp?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 3:59 AM / IP Logged  

i plan on installing 2 amps

check this pic out and tell me if its good if u have better suggestion let me know plz thanx

is this the right way to install amp? -- posted image.

shadowrelic 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  

ok dont run the ground into the battery.... for one the ground wire is to long and secondly... your not suposed to... you just screw both ground wires into your cars body :D

then the remote (blue wire) will be spliced and put into both amps and the rcas will need Y connecters

if your amp runs at 2 ohms then for the subs you would bridge the connection for both of them...  (all car stuff is usually 4 ohms)  but check the first.. dont run at to low of ohms or your in trouble...

2 subs
1 amp
0 knowledge of how to hook them up to my car.
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, he can run it to the battery, but you usually want the ground wire to be as short as possible. So, running it from the trunk, all the way back to the front, would not be short. So yea, ground it to the chassis of the car. As for the Fuse with the 2 power wires coming off of it? how do you plan on doing that? Are you using a distribution block? Also, you are gonna have to run the RCA's and the remote to both amps. I'm assuming thats what the wires with the "?????" are.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

^ he is correct if the circumstances warrant it only. There is no need to fuse the ground wires. Make sure though that they are the same size as the power wires. There is also no need for a fused power ditribution block, unless the amps do not have built in fuses. This means that a basic distribution block like a scosche p48d ( www.scosche.com) can be used to split the power wires properly. You will need a fuse within 18" of the battery, it need to be the same size or larger as the combined value of the fuses in the amps. If it is over 60 amps a resettable breaker is your best best. If this is the case 4 gauge power / ground wire is alos in your future.

Take this a step at a time, let's get the power / ground done first, then we can tackle the speaker wiring scenarios. Just a point, the most important speakers in the vehicle are in the front, have you ever gone to a concert before? Would you pay big bucks to have the sound come from behind you all night. What vehicle is this for and what size speakers are you looking at for the front, if we can, it is best to amplify them, not the rears.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2004 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

Hey man, here is what u should go for. sorry, i forgot to add the speakers in there, but im sure u can figure that one out lol. Sorry its so big, i didnt realize a 2"x3" pic would be that large.

1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

ok wut do i do with the ground wire? just disconnect it ffrom the battery?  and the rca'z , so that means theres a Left and a Right going to each amp?  i'm going to need to get a Y connecter so there would be a total of 4 ends? for i.e. 2 R, and 2 L . ?

i'm still lost lol but the picture helps alot

BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

do u think it would be easier if u guys can walk me through it lolz i have aol instant messanger

we can exchange screen names and arrange to chat and get things cleared up with me plz?

BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  

OH yeah if i was to buy a distribution block , which brand, type and etc.... would be good to use i'm going to be buying it off of ebay. so that would help as well. also with the other things i might need.

also the wires that are connected to my amp are kinda whack. i mean like all the person that connected. just strip the wire, twisted, and stuck it in and turned the screw, could i buy some kind of clean metal sh*t that i can like make it better?

lolz i'm such a newb huh? lolz thanx for ur helps though

BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  

is that good? or another one?

BangBang 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic