bass tubes any good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 13, 2004 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  

i might reconsider of installing my second amp to my 6x9'z

i'll probably get one bass tube not sure which 1, but install that to my second amp instead.

are they good? and do i need an amp to power it?

Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  

every tube I have seen has a built in amp.......there could be some out there that dont have amps maybe....

I think that they would be ok for a small area though.....I had a boozka tube one time was not the loudest thing but it was alright........sold it to a friend to put in his truck......he didnt want a box taking up the back........

good luck

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
Msmith02 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 2:02 AM / IP Logged  
I had 2 different bass tubes, both were same model etc. They did NOT have a built in amp, so I was running a 120W RMS mtx amp to them, and they both blew up. They were supposed to be able to handle up to about 300RMS each, so I dont know what happened. They were both like 6 1/4 drivers I think, and they didn't sound too bad, didnt hit really hard or anything. I would say if you can get a 10 or a 12" sub cuz you will like that a lot more.
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
Bass tubes are good. They are much easier to put in and take out over your conventional boxes. I build speaker tubes and people here seem to love them. They don't sound bad at all. Oh and they are much easier to carpet. :O)
You could make it a sealed tube acting as a sealed box or port them to the speaker specs. As far as being strong, boxes will be much stronger in my case because I always use 3/4 MDF.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  

I think bass tubes sound boomy and dont give you the output they should. I would just buy JL's 12" or 10" W0 sub. These take barely any power (only around 125 watts RMS) to make them hit hard. I have one in a sealed box and it really dosn't take up that much room, it isnt hard to take out, and would blow away any bass tube. They are also cheap (around $125 to $130 each if they arn't on sale).

customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
sorry, forgot to give you a link. http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/12w0.html
spl_enterprise 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
yeah we just needed that jl link. what are they paying you? you mention jl every single chance you get, its quite pathetic.
Pete - SPL Enterprise Inc.
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  

lol lol lol ^_^

thats cool but expensive for moi

customsuburb 
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  

WTFFFF spl enterprise!!! 1 I dont get payed to mention anyone. 2 I like alot of other brands besides JL 3 i mention JL alot because a lot of people are on a budget so they dont want to spend alot and they make really good inexpensive subs. YOU think im going to tell everyone to buy Eclipse Titaniums or JL W7 subs!!!!!! the f$%# is wrong with you.

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
hey i mention JL all the time too, because they are a quality product and will take a beating,    meyabe thats why
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic