icon

1977 buick electra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
italnpimp59 
Silver - Posts: 427
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  

well ive checked every database i know of...designtech, bulldog, gizmocity.com, and even this database and the only one that had info for this car was directechs.com.   the problem is the doors are trying to lock and unlock but they wont do it.  i can hear them trying.  directechs says they require alot of current to lock.  I have two 16gauge wires running to the lock and unlock wires, of course they are coming off a relay.  im thinking i need to run 10 gauge wire to each one, and fuse both the lock and unlock at 30amps.  anyone ever run into this problem before?  i was gonna stay late and do it...but the customer said i could leave overnight and do it tommorrow, i told him this may take a while!  plus my girlfriend was in the hospital so i wanted to leave and see her rather than mess with this alarm that was pissin me off!  well any suggestions im open too, please help! thanks in advance

Jimmy

italnpimp59 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  
someone?
ExactOh 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
What kind of car is it?
ExactOh 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
Oops, I guess I didn't check the title of the thread.  Sorry, I have no info on that car.  I mainly have that problem with the BMWs.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
i've never had to run a thicker wire than about 16 ga. myself...do they work fine with the switch?  does your unit have a selectable doorlock output time? maybe it requires a longer doorlock pulse than what you are giving it....
italnpimp59 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
ok well i finally found a way to do it...i found the relays and triggered the coil with the outputs coming off the alarm so there was no relays or thick wires needed!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic