icon

02 Explorer Domelight Delay

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Calicrewzin 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, great forum! 02 Explorer Domelight Delay -- posted image.

Just reading through all the posts have given me a LOT of info! I just had a Performance Teknique ICBM-7071 installed in my 02 Explorer 4-door. So far it works great, but the only problem I have is the dome light delay (Doors read open to the alarm if I don't wait for the light to go off) The installer says it won't arm correctly  till the light goes out,  but I've read here on other vehicles that there may be other wires that i could use to trigger the doors instead of the dome light. Can anyone tell me if this is true for my vehicle, and if so, which wires and/or solution to suggest to my installer that he try? 

Thanks in advance, you guys rock!

Calicrewzin 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  

One quick note: the installer already attempted to set the arm delay at it's longest time, but that didn't work either.

whitey 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
If he is tied into the BLACK/ blue wire in the drivers kick it shouldn't have this problem. 
Visions Edmonton
Installation Manager, DLS
MECP Certified First Class
Calicrewzin 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks whitey, I'll ask that when I see him next week (the Ex is in for body work now) He had mentioned he might need to try and install a diode, but if your suggestion is easier, I'm all for it.  
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
there is light blue w/white tracer at a small harness on the bottom left of the instrument cluster. this wire tests negative when doors are open.  it is connected to the red door ajar indicator light to the left of the tachometer in the dash.  i used this wire myself to bybass the dome light delay.  i still had to use the BLACK/ blue wire for dome lights(+).  the wire is simple to get to.  pop of the trim around the radio and below the steering wheel.  under the access plate under the steering wheel there are 3 screws. if i remember right 1 scrw under the left air vent and 2 to the right of the steering wheel.  the whole plastic piece around the speedometer will pop off.  the piece also includes the left air vent.  after you remove the piece around the speedometer, you will see the little harness(about 7 wires).  its on the bottom left of the instrument cluster. no need to remove cluster. harness unplugs by pulling straight down. use a DMV and test the lt blue/white wire.  you will get the results u desire!! any other questions about the 02 explorer let me know.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
i'm sorry let me rephrase one thing. i still needed to use the blue/black wire(+) for dome light supervision. but used the lt blue/white wire(-) for the door trigger.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic