icon

ebay help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
devildogmech 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  

I finaly know what player I want to get. A Blaupunkt DVD-ME3. It has a Built in TV Tuner, and is a dedicated 12V player (not a 120AC W/ an adapter). Everything I have ever seen about Blaupunkt products, is good. They seem to be high quality, and I dont know anyone who has ever had problems with thier products. ( I know it's happend, just not to anyone I know.)

As for the screens, I think I'm going to get a set of Pyramid 7.2" that mount to the headrest bars. From the research I have done, these use a generic SHARP monitor, The same as many other manufacturers.

Now is there any other gear I need to install this? The AV cables are included with the player and Monitors, I would like to install an FM modulator so we can hear the movie with out headphones. ( The kid is 2 1/2 he wont keep those things on) What does one of those cost?

Should I use a Relay to install this? I'm thinking a 30amp.

Thanks all

Bill

Llajumpvid 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

Make sure those Pyramid are TFT monitors (I doubt they are from what I see on ebay) or you will be dissapointed even if they are only $80/ea.  The viewing angle will be limited and the picture quality isn't there. Add another $20-$40 to the cost of each and get something you'll want to watch.  You picked a good DVD player but the picture will only be as good as the monitor.

zeiden 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

The monitors you are thinking of getting are crap. They really suck, honestly. I bought the same thing about 3 months ago and I was really disappointed. In my opinion those things don't even have a viewing angle!

If you are really woried about how much money you can spend, then just go for a decent (name brand) roofmount active matrix lcd screen. 

devildogmech 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

The monitors are TFT. I thought that all TFT's were good to go? Does anyone know of a store in the SanDiego Area that caries these monitors, so I can go see them in action? I dont want to make a 200$ mistake.

Bill

devildogmech 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

The monitors are TFT. I thought all TFT's are good to go? Does anyone know of a shop in SanDiego that sells these monitors, so I can go look at them?

Thanks

Bill

zeiden 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  

I really don't know where you can go and see this thing in action.  I'll show you a picture of the one I had. 

https://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/503000-503999/503416_44_thumb.jpg

If this looks like the one you are planning on buying, then just forget it.  These things are crap.  There really is no way for me to descrive their resolution.  As soon as I turned it on I saw how each pixel danced back and forth in its place while image colors abruptly changed to their pale counter-parts of what the center image was trying to represent.    I'm sorry, but there really is no way to express this.  You might want to try your local swap meet.  You might find one there.

zeiden 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  

sorry, I posted the thumbnail picture.  Heres the full version.

https://images.cardomain.com/member_images/11/web/503000-503999/503416_44_full.jpg

rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  
You get for what you pay for as Jeff said.  Shop around, find a good shop/installers, w/quality products.  You'll be happy and more satisfied in the end.
devilsquid 
Copper - Posts: 129
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  

hea, if you find anything of interest in san diego, let me know! 

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic