icon

DEI 508D Proximity Sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cglenn 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  

I want to have the best protection available. I have a Viper alrms system with dual stage shock, electronic motion sensor, glass breakage sensor, starter kill, passive arming, battery backup siren, and the other generic stuff. This install is going into a 2004 Ford Lightning Truck. Will a 508D proximity sensor have any added value to the protection of my vehicle ? Will it offer an added envelope of protection since it will have to be inside  the truck cab ? I guess is it worth it or just a fancy "i have one" add that will not really have and added benefit ?

Thanks.

Craig

SiDogg 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2004 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
I like to think they help scare theives off before they even "begin". If they get close enough to touch your windows, it can go, scaring them before they even get a chance to mess with it. But that could piss off people who are parking next to your truck...
It's your call. I'd say def. get one.
mecpcert_1 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
nothing wrong with a back up plan to the shock sensor!:D just make sure you provide the 508d with its own 12v source! tie the green and the blue of the 508d together and connect to the multiplex input wire of the Viper. (.5 seconds will pre-warn[green wire] and .8 seconds will full trigger [blue wire] ) ground should be connected to the "ground when armed wire" of the Viper and should be diode isolated from the starter kill so that the 508d shuts off when disarmed. have fun and good luck.
do it right the first time....less warranty work=more money!:)
mecpcert_1 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
oh yeah, what i mean by the 508d having its own 12v source, i mean do NOT tie into the shock sensor's 12v.
do it right the first time....less warranty work=more money!:)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic