icon

Problem w/ Viper791xv & 03 Ram 3500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JPRanger 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

I just had the 791xv w/ remote start and gps tracking installed in a 03 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 with the Cummins diesel. I started having problems the day I picked it up (Sat.) and I couldnt call the installer for help because they are closed until Tuesday. I am hoping that someone here might be able to tell me if the problems I am having are an installation issue or me doing something wrong. I have searched the internet including this and other forums and cant find any post w/ similiar issues...

1) The Viper remote activates the Viper alarm as well as the factory alarm but only de-activates the Viper. Thus when I open the door the alarm sounds. I can work around this by carrying my factory remote to dis-arm both.

2) When remote starting, the delay for the Diesel is set to 10-seconds and it starts up just fine. However, when its running ALL the lights flash like the alarm has been triggered? I tried deactivating the factory alarm while this was occurring and the lights were still flashing. I tried disarming the Viper while it was occurring and the lights are still flashing???

3) The Viper remote seems to be constanly receiving a signal from the truck (on the screen the "RX signal" icon flashes every 5-seconds whether the unit is armed or disarmed). Is this normal?

4) Last night after the vehicle had been armed for about an hour, the remote started playing a tune and the display light up but didnt show any alarm. I went out to check the vehicle and it was fine?

This is my first experience w/ an aftermarket alarm system (obviously!) so I am wondering if its me or the system!? When I pickedup the vehicle the person at the shop obviosly didnt know much about the system so he just showed me the basics of arming and disarming and the remote start. It didnt seem complicated so I wasnt concerned. When he did the remote start I may not have noticed if the lights were flashing because of the angle from where we were standing and the sunlight.

Sorry for the "noob" questions... I am glad that I found this forum because since I found it last night I have 2-pages of notes and upgrades for my system!

Any assistance and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

JP

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
i would try to contact tech support.....someone here should have the number...or search the web
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
jayts95 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 3:35 PM / IP Logged  
Your truck has a gray key, correct? If it does then the installer needs to go to the light GREEN/ orange wire for the locks and factory alarm arm and disarm. I could go into detail but it probably would not do much for you. The light flashing is a factory setting on the viper system, it can be changed to stay on steady instead of flashing. It only takes 15 seconds. your installer should know how to do this. Good luck.
JPRanger 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you so much for the info. I will relay this info to the installer and hopefully it will help them resolve the issue faster.

JP

Lurkin 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

the light flashing is normal, the remote always reciving a signal is normal also. i thought the viper had a diesel wire that hooked to the light on the dash?

i have same thing in my truck, a 2001 toyota tacoma 4 door, only trouble i have is in the mornings i will not lock the doors, after work it will usually work right, but after it has sit over nite it wont lock.

RufNUSD 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
That truck doesnt require the wait to start input. The plugs warm by the time the ignition turns on and goes to crank. The glow plug light turns off with all the other dash warning lights when the key is turned on.
The light flash is correct and can be fixed as posted.
The lock wires are incorrectly hooked as posted as well.
Someone pass me that bottle.
CCroadshoptn 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  

Jayts95 is right your installer may not have hooked up the factory disarm wire. The lights flashing is a program issure if you know where your push button valet switch is and you have the owners/installation manual then it will tell you what to do under the programable features.

Mecp Certified
Double check advice with your Meter.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic