icon

escalade ext , sound system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
white caddy 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
     i am going to install a bass system in a ext, does anyone have any ideas to help me out? i am thinking of going with 3-15" L7s or HX2s. maybe it now has 2-12" PG DVC octain subs. i might just add two more??????
what amp should i use?

any ideas will help.
d.s.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
If you are going to power those subs with that can handle that much power you may just want to strap a 1000 watt amp to each of the subs... Or get an amp that can push all of those subs. RF has a new amp the "Bd3000" that I'm sure will push anything you throw at it.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
jpranwez 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
the bd3000, is 3,000watts by 1 at 1 ohm. You'd have to make sure your subs can be wired down to one ohm. I read that there going to be over 1500 $ too. You should decide whether you just want it loud as hell or if you want it to have good sq. I saw the same caddy with 4 w7 and a jl1000/1 for each sub on another site. If you got the money you can have a sick system. I'd but a couple of the rockford amps if I had the money.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Need more info before I can recommend a course of attack for you. Things like budget, type of music, space available for sub box, what you want this to look like......
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
white caddy 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 6:03 AM / IP Logged  
sorry about not amswering these posts sooner but i have been busy as heck building this system. i did not have much time to think of a system, i only had three days to compleat it. i wound up going with three L7's and one BD 1001. i built a tunnel box, i mean a box containing a sealed box with the subs firing at the rear of the truck bed, with the the port facing the front. so that all the preasure exits strait into the vehicle. i just came in from the garage to rest (it's 5:30 a.m.) it sounds pretty good but i think i should have used 1" mdf instead of 3/4 because it has kind of a wierd sound. i do not know if it's because i used 15's instead of 12's? well it's to late now, the moneys spent and the time is spent. hope the guy likes it. i still have to tune the stuff but it's to erly in the morning. i also used a EPICENTER, any tipps on tunning? well nice chating with you guys but i REALY need some sleep.
d.s.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic