icon

2002 BMW M3 SMG Shifter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kwalton 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have insttalled a Clifford Matrix RS into my friends 2003 M3 and everything is god with the exception a dash light that comes on only when it is remote started. The light is an indicator for the SMG transmission and the car does not shift properly when it is on. I have already check for any extra ignition or accessory wires and every one that the car has is already hooked up. does anyone out there have any ideas or does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2002 3-series? Please help.
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
see if this helps...
Remote Start
Tach Signal BLACK DIA. PLUG PASS SIDE OF ENGINE
Ignition #2 VIO OR VIO/WHITE IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition #3   
Accessory VIOLET IGNTIO SWITCH HARNESS
Neutral Safety   
Brake Light BROWN / WHITE (+) SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
Reverse Light BLUE/RED (+) AT LIGHT
Ignition 12 volts GREEN IGNTIION SWITCH HARNESS
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
kwalton 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
I can't remember the colors off the top of my head but I kow that there is only 2-12v leads, 1 ignition, and a 2nd ignition. there is no accessory coming off of the ignition switch. there is another harness there, but it seems to be for the steering whaeel controls.
daniel2002p 
Silver - Posts: 524
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  

try this, get a DMM and then remote start the car, test a wire that is zero, and then turn the key on, if the wire goes to 12v, it has to be wired up to it (provided, it is ABOUT the same gauge as the ignition wires)

Hope this helps.

2005 Toyota Corolla S
    1.8L VVT-i I-4
Always double check your wires with a DMM!!!
Do Not Use A Test Light!!!
MECP Certified Installer!
Best Buy 665 - IN IT TO WIN IT! TEAM MOBLE!
kwalton 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
all the ignition wires of the approximate gauge are hooked and there are no wires coming out of the back of the switch.
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2004 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  
it's not unusual for some of the newer vehicles with tip-tronic types of transmissions that certain ignition and starter wires need to have continuity when the car is running. try reconnecting any of the disconnected wires such as starter and ignition that you may have cut and see if that changes anything.
if there is a feature on that alarm for automatic immobilization (ie. automatically opening the starter/ignition lines), then disable that feature and see if it helps.
good luck.
serviceman24 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2004 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
kwalton wrote:
I have insttalled a Clifford Matrix RS into my friends 2003 M3 and everything is god with the exception a dash light that comes on only when it is remote started. The light is an indicator for the SMG transmission and the car does not shift properly when it is on. I have already check for any extra ignition or accessory wires and every one that the car has is already hooked up. does anyone out there have any ideas or does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2002 3-series? Please help.
In a world of compromise, some don't.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic