icon

Pop up headlights problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sterrell 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2004 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

I am trying to hook up the parking light relay for an ungo 2005 alarm to a 1992 firebird.  The parking lights and the pop up headlight motors seem to be on the same wire.  In other words, when the parking lights are triggered, the headlight lamps pop up, but do not illuminate.  First, I am wondering if there is any way to bypass the headlight motors and only trigger the parking lights.

I currently have the alarm relay output hooked up to the wire that triggers both the parking lights and the headlight pop up motors.  When disarm the alarm, the parking lights do not light at all.  Could this be because the headlight pop up motors are drawing more current then the 7.5 Amp onboard relay supplies?  I'm thinking that maybe these motors hog all the current.

Thanks

whiteshack 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2004 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
what wire color are you using for park lights?
mecp certified installer
sterrell 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  

I am using the brown wire from the dash switch.  I've heard this is the only option, but I'm hoping not.  Also, I can now get the parking lights to light.  The parking lights light and the headlamps pop up (still not lit) in unison with the parking light flashes on arm and disarm.

Thanks

sterrell 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 11:47 AM / IP Logged  
I had read in another post, somebody was using the hazard light wire for the parking light flash feature.  Is this a viable option.  I'm pretty sure this would work well to eliminate the pop up headlights.
Rmeyer 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
i have run into this problem before it turned out to be a bad headlight motor, the park lights would cause a back feed causing the headlight motor to pop up and most of the time stay up. try unplugging one headlight motor at a time then try arming the alarm  and see if the problem goes away that will help find out which motor is causing the problem.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic