icon

amp install ? 01 yukon xl

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vu-r4 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  

Got a 2001 yukon xl. My question is how should I run the rear small pillar speakers (all the way towards the back by the cargo door looks like some 2in speakers). I wanted to run a 4ch amp. Gonna bypass the factory amp. Found the wires for the front and rear door speakers. For the rear cargo speakers I can just run new wiring. Now what is teh best way to run them instead of doing parellel with the rear speaker output on the amp, Is there anything out there that will allow me to lower the amount of juice it will recieve from the amp so that it does not blow up.

vu-r4 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 7:37 AM / IP Logged  
Also whats the best way to run 2 gauge amp wire. Under the body along the frame and drill a hole towards the location of the amps. Or is it possible to run it under the carpet.
bradsyukno 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

I just got through running some new amp wire in my 2003 yukon and it was simple.  Just take it through the firewall on the driver's side, and through the kick panel.  It was tight for me but there was plenty of room for my 4 awg wire, two RCAs and speaker wires.  Where is you amp board? Under the middle seat?

Houston, TX

Mr Hexed
vu-r4 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

If you ran 4 gauge wires and some rca, my 2 gauge should be alright to run under the carpet. I will be running 3 rca and some speaker wires on the passenger side. I will put that amps behind my third row seat along with my caps and dist. block. I put some plyboard behind the back seats and secured it with some good screws to the metal frame of the seat.

bradsyukno 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  

Did you by chance have the BOSE system in the Yukon when you bought it?

What are you hooking up in there now?

You are hooking up Three Amps?

Mr Hexed

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic