icon

VATS 95 Lesabre

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
asab16 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  

Guys I am not too experinced with Remote starters but have the basics. In regards to Bypassing VATS on a GM 1995 Lesabre Buick. Could someone tell me if I should use the resistor and relay method or buy a BYpAss module. Someone has mentioned in the forums that if the resistor breakes or the connection goes bad that the car will stop running. So that would mean if I was on the HIGHway I would be dead!!!! If I am mistaken could somone please correct me. Please advise.

Thanks

ASab16 VATS 95 Lesabre -- posted image.

bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
It is true that may happen i would use a bypass for the vats.
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
godsegoizhuge 
Copper - Posts: 214
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
i'd check out the bypass modules from bypasskits.com. I know i used the plxr module to bypass the vats system and it worked great. I even got it to work on a 94 olds 98, the people that made the bypasskit didn't even know if it'd work on a 94, so it was a test part for both of us.
derek123 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  

Don't  worry about driving on the highway. Its a starter kill not an igntion kill.

When, ( I mean if...) it breaks , you just won't be able to start the car.

asab16 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  

Ok guys quick question, if I use the resistor method.................the relay hook up are as follows......30=passkey wire computer side...................................85=to grnd out when running............................. 87=passkey wire key side......................87........resistor............ now 87= ignition..............

question is 87=ignition but ignition of what......................remote starter module or ignition wire @ ignition module..

Oh and the bypass module how does it exactly work......I mean hows the hook up on it.

asab16 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  

Thanx Derek123..... 4 the reply......That was my guess, but others in 12volt have mentioned the fuel pump getting cutt off.... So its hard now....since people are contradicting......  So derek123 basically the key with resistor is only checked once during startup thats it.......if the key was taken of the cylinder once the car fired up that would make no diff theroiticaly speaking.     

Thanks everyone 4 replying.....and please continue to reply......

Lastly I have took a peak on my 95 Lesabre Buick.........I see a Orange tube and a Black tube....in the steering column when I did the tilt steering.......the black tube is rather thin diameter of a penny and the orange is the diamter of a quater. Now I have a Black tube and Orange tube.....both where are referd to in Bypassing VATS..... which one is the VATS wires Black small tube or the bigger orange tube......

Thanks everyone....

derek123 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  

The easy way to test is start it with the key, let it run for 15 sec. and cut your vats wire(s).... see if the car stalls or not.

Mr_Fusion 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
The VATS wires will be encased in an orange loom about 1/8" in diameter. Follow this wire to a 2 pin connector (usually to the left of the column, under the dash) and you will see 2 VERY SMALL, white wires coming out of the orange loom and into the one side of the connector. The color and size of the wires will change on the other side of this connector and this is the easiest location to tap the wires. I have ALWAYS used the relay and resistor method and it has NEVER failed me. Just make sure that you get the resistance as close as you can and solder ALL connections so that you will not have problems in the future.
asab16 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  

THank 4 the reply guys!!!!

Just to confirm.........The VATS...............Once the car has started does it continue to check for resistence from the key chip.................and if the resistence is not there will the car stop running......or is it just a one time check during startup?

asab16 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2004 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

Are the VATS wire isololated or budled together with otther wires................secondly on the relay 87 is suppose to go to a IGNITION.........could somone go into detail and tell me ignition of what......the remote starter.........the ignition power of the car........detailed instructions would be nice.

Thanks

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic