the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Getting New Head Unit, need help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
You know i was thinking about, and look, In my car i have and In dash Tv which is cheap and the DEh-P840mp and the Audio Processor,, Im going to chacge my car in 6 months and My tv is kind of old, and I might need to replace and i was looking at the PIONEER AVH-P6400
Pioneer AVH-P6400
Which have 4V Preouts and About the Cd I could use my DVD to play cd's, which I dont really use it, I use most the radio and the DVD player....
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Personally you couldnt get me to touch an alpine with a ten foot pole. A lot of people like them but I had a higher end one last year (the model escapes me at this moment) that I put in instead of a pioneer I had and after trying it for about three weeks I pulled it and went to  a pioneer deck. I am not a big fan of the pioneer graphics but the acoustic properties of the pioneer apeal to me far more than teh alpine. I found the alpine deck made my subs sound shallow. I wasnt impressed but as I said thats just personal. I still have always loved the trusty Nakamichi decks but they are the most boring looking decks you can find.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
That is exactly why you should buy an Eclipse dvd touch screen or head-unit instead!!!!
Sebastian018 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
mmmm...now i dont know what do you...
Sebastian018 
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
What happen is this ..Im planning on selling my car.. Right know I dont know how i was able to fit three decks in my front panel first goes the tv, then the radio cd and the audio processor. I know i wont be able to fit the same setup on the other car, so thats the reason why i was thinking about getting the pioneer AVH-6400CD that way i have the tv and the radio in one ..............
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
that sounds like a good Idea. That pioneer is a good unit as long as you relize you need a seperate DVD player to go with it
Sebastian018 
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
yES i HAVE A IN DASH DVD PLAYER IN THE gLOVE COMPARTMENT..
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  

I like eclipse quality, they make excellent audio products. I have had eclipse HU's, amps and speakers and have never had problems with quality in sound or build with them. My only probelm with eclipse HU's is that you need a seperate module with the higher end units to play MP3's, I have a real beef with this as the module does a whole lot of other things that I am not interested in. I don't feel that I should have to shell out extra cash just to get a feature that is pretty much basic these days. I know on the lower end models you can play mp3's out of the box but I want the crossover and eq feature of the upper end models. I personally own an Alpine CDA-9815 and I absolutely love this HU, the sound quality is excellent and it has great features, the built in crossover is awesome and the non fading subwoofer preout is top notch. I have owned many HU's from different companies, Alpine, eclipse, Kenwood(the worst), pioneer(pretty good for price) and I have to say that the Alpine's have always ended up being my favorites.

P.S. I don't see how the eclipse ESN system is effective at all, ok great they replace my radio if it is stolen. What about the cost of replacing my windows and having it tinted again. Thiefs don't know or don't care that the radio will be useless when they rip it out, they will always find some idiot to buy it and you are left with the damage to your car. I will take the detachable face anytime.

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  

Have you looked at the Alpine CVA-1004. Its cheaper then the Pioneer and has more options for expansion. Alpine CVA-1004

Sebastian018 
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  
I add a post on buy equpmetn, because what im going to so is sell my tv, and my dvd player so i can get the Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD   so i have dvd, cd, radio, tv everything in one.....
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic