avx-p7000cd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
witastic 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2004 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

hey,

im new to this forum, but i wanted to see if anyone could help me out, I got the Pioneer AVX-P7000CD and the AVM-P7000, i hooked everything up, i did it without a the manual, but im pretty sure i got it right, if anyone has the manual, a scanned pic of the diagram would be tight, but my real problem is that the radio will come on, and sound just fine, but when i put in a CD it will show the time elapsing, but no soud, can anyone help me out, thanks.

ASC

Gremlin
sunfighter077 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2004 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
Check out www.pioneerelectronics.com they have all of the manuals available in PDF.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2004 at 12:41 PM / IP Logged  
Are you using the built in amp or outboard amplifiers?
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
witastic 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
hey sorry it took me so long to respond, the password and stuff havent been working, i am using outboard amplifiers, i have no idea what the problem is, and pioneer does not carry the manual anymore i guess its because it is out dated, i have found it on the internet but most places want like 30 bucks for it, so any help i can get here would be appreciated
Gremlin
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Im gonna bet that you are using the power anttena wire as a remote for your amps and not the amp reomte line off the deck. Pull out the unit and make sure the blue white wire is goin to the amps and not the blue wire. Also you did not speccify whether the external amps were powering all the speakers or just subs. If they are only powering subs than you probally hooked up the power antenna line of the deck to a remote turn on line on the factory harness. Once again just try to exchange the blue wire for the blue white wire. i hope this helps
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

That's exactly why I asked if he was using outboard amplifiers. Do what was suggested above and it should solve the problem.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
witastic 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
hey are you sure that mixing up the power antennae and the remote? Well yeah i am, i know for sure i am, i didnt think that that did anything, ive done it in other cars and they worked perfectly, but the only reason i do not think that it is that is because i have tweeters running to the headunit, and they dont play either...i mean let me know whats goin on here, i have no idea.
Gremlin

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic