icon

Eclipse HU

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TDean 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
I finally purchased and installed an 8443 yesterday.  I must say, it crushed the brand new pioneer that it replaced as far as sound quality.  I am indeed happy with it.  Very simple to operate, nothing to flashy, great warranty ,looks great and sounds very good.  I cannot wait to get some decent comps in the doors. 
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
Congrats on moving up to a real piece of audio equipment instead of something designed mainly to appeal to the teen-aged desire for flash!  The cheapest piece of equipment with the Eclipse name on it will always blow the doors off the most expensive with Pioneer on it as far as sound quality, clarity and reliability is concerned.  I predict you will begin hearing things in music you thought you knew well that you never realized were there before... and that your desire for the best speakers you can afford will increase dramatically!!
TDean 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
The pioneer was ok, but had to much bs graphics.  My wife talked me into the pioneer, so she can have the thing in her car after if comes back from the repair center.  This is off subject, but what do I need to hook the pioneer up to a toyota camry.  I dont want to use the factory amp, just the deck power.  Is there a bypass harness or something? Is it the factory amp that makes it sound like crap?  The cd player and the tape deck are made by fujitsu ten, but it has a very bright sound and weak bass.  I assume that is because of the high level connections.  The guy that repaired the factory cd player said it was industrial grade stuff.  Maybe blowing smoke so I would drop cash on him, rather than aftermarket.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  

Fujitsu Ten is the parent company of Eclipse.  Their equipment is marketed in Japan and elsewhere under the Fuji-10 name.  So the OEM stull in the Toyota is probably good quality for factory equipment.  The poor sound quality may be the electronics, but it is more likely the OEM speakers.

What year is the Camry?

TDean 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
94.  When I pulled the deck, I saw that it was basically an "eclipse" oem style, so I paid to get the cd player to work and it just dont sound right.  The last owner put some xplod 6x9s in the rear deck.  Dont know what the doors are.  They may still be factory.  The fronts dont sound to bad and there is a tweeter just above the door pull.  Problem with the fronts is, they dont put out as much sound as I would like.
DYohn 
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  

Read this page: http://www.installdr.com/InstallDocs/Toyota/PDF/869013.pdf

If your system has a factory outboard amplifier, then it is probably the source of the shrill sound.  If not, then it may be the amp intisde the head unit.  The Install DR page has full instructions either way.

TDean 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, you are right.  The shrill sound is coming from the amp under the seat.  I'm hoping the pioneer deck power will sound better than "oem amplified".  I have tried to find that info before, but all I ever found was the wire color code.  Thanks so much for the effort. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic