icon

Alpine head unit?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rocfrog 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  

Ok this is a really basic question and I hope someone has the answer!

My older brother gave me his old Alpine Cd head unit it's model # 7815 and it was produced in 1994 (I know its real old but it works!) and he couldn't find the instruction manual for it so I don't know how to set the clock and the presets. I went to Alpines web site and they want $10 for a new manual and I'm not sure if I need it that badly. So does anyone know how to do this?

Nick

markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
Nick,
I am not familiar with the Alpine model 7815 but I have an Alpine too and if your face plate has a "F" button, try pressing it for about 2 seconds. On mine, when I press the F button for 2 seconds (approx) the screen changes to a "Setup" screen where you can change values by rotating the volume control and change modes by pressing the setup button. If this does not work, can you send me a picture of what the face plate looks like? If I see the face plate(buttons/options) I might be able to help you. A friend of mine has always used Alpine systems, and I will check with himif he ever had the same model by any chance and if he did, I will get that info from him.
Mark
rocfrog 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

markcars wrote:
Nick,
I am not familiar with the Alpine model 7815 but I have an Alpine too and if your face plate has a "F" button, try pressing it for about 2 seconds. On mine, when I press the F button for 2 seconds (approx) the screen changes to a "Setup" screen where you can change values by rotating the volume control and change modes by pressing the setup button. If this does not work, can you send me a picture of what the face plate looks like? If I see the face plate(buttons/options) I might be able to help you. A friend of mine has always used Alpine systems, and I will check with himif he ever had the same model by any chance and if he did, I will get that info from him.
Mark

It doesn't have an "F" button or a knob for volume control. I appriceate the help! When I get home tonight I'll get a pic of it for you!

Nick

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Get the pic, I remember that cd player!
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
press & hold the clock button for 3-4 seconds. this will pull up the adjust menu and allow you to adjust the time
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
rocfrog 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:
press & hold the clock button for 3-4 seconds. this will pull up the adjust menu and allow you to adjust the time

I did that and it flashed the clock but as soon as I pressed any buttons it stoped and did nothing!

I'l take a pic of it here in a minute and put in my imagestation page. If someone that is willing to help and needs to see the pic ands doesn't have a sign in let me know I'll let you use mine so you can see it!

Nick

markcars 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
When the clock blinks, try pressing the same button once more to see if the hour blinks. If yes, then you can increase/decrease the hour by UP/Down arrows you may have for FF and REW. If this works, press on the clock button again (if you wait for too long it may go back out of setting mode) and if minutes blink, try adjusting it. Just my thoughts while you get teh picture. no pun intended.
rocfrog 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288724801&idx=6

Hrere's the link it's the last pic in that album!

"markcars" I'll go out and try that now while I'm putting the face back on the stereo!

Nick

rocfrog 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  

markcars wrote:
When the clock blinks, try pressing the same button once more to see if the hour blinks. If yes, then you can increase/decrease the hour by UP/Down arrows you may have for FF and REW. If this works, press on the clock button again (if you wait for too long it may go back out of setting mode) and if minutes blink, try adjusting it. Just my thoughts while you get teh picture. no pun intended.

Ok I pressed and held the clock button untill it started flashing and then pressed the clock button again and it just went back to the station display! When I push and hold the clock button with the clock displaied it flashes 4 times and then goes back to normal.

Nick

markcars 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
Nick, I checked your picture. I had some difficulty reading the text on the buttons. It looks like you have a mode button between the up and dwon arrow. After the clock blinks, can you hit the mode button? If only the hour blinks, you're doing well. At that time press up/down to change values. Then mode again while hour is flashing. If not, can you take a p icture where you can read what the text on the buttons say?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic