icon

desperately need info on battery wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
justone? 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
I recently designed a box for use at places where electricity and vehicles are unable to get to. (Boats, beaches with no road access, etc.) However I am concerned with how to hook up the batteries and battery charger. The box is designed to hold two 12's , 4 6 by 9's, two amps, head unit, two batteries, and a battery charger.I know how to wire wire everything but the batteries and battery charger. If you can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated. But please don't steer me in the wrong direction b/c I just spent $1800.00 that I really did not have and would hate to fry it all due to one simple wiring mistake. Thanks for the help!
manuelk44 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2004 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  

May be just try a Orion interface for battery's or coil for charge a batteries.

J M Melnik

México city 

Juan Manuel Melnik
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
what kind of battery charger is this? like.. a car one? if thats what you have... thats gonna require some electricity. If you have a site or some info on that charger, i think i can help you out.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 5:58 AM / IP Logged  
Not much advice on wiring but I would think you would need a battery isolator and make sure you vent the enclosure as batteries give off gas (depending on the type) and you don't want the box exploding..Also I thought batteries needed to be mounted in a metal enclosure and secured with metal clamps but not sure. Sounds like a heavy box! Good luck,
Mike
justone? 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 12:18 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks to all responses but after further investigation I found out the info I needed. The batteries are car batteries and had to be wired in series and the bettery charger had to be wired the same way, however , I know the battery charger needs electricity, it is in the box wioth a covered plug in wired to it to recharge the batteries at a location where electricity is available after being used for about 10 or so hours.Any way, just wanted to thank you all for the responses. By the way, it is a very heavy box weighing in at 257 lbs.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic