icon

how can i use 3rd ch to controll neons

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nebben 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a no name alarm with remote start on my 1999 dodge ram. everything works perfect. My question is how could I use the 3rd channel to turn my neon lights on/off. Thanks in advance.
s7726 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 1:56 AM / IP Logged  
If you connect the third channel to a relay along with the power wire of the neons it should work great. check out the relays section on this site for the correct terminals and everything to hook up to on the relay.
nebben 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
ok, but how do I convert the momentary neg output from the alarm to constant on/off?
crxtasi 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 4:30 AM / IP Logged  
Just follow the "Latched On/Off Output Using a Single Momentary Pulse" relay set up on "Relays: Special Applications" section and you should be fine.
What I did on mine was I hooked up my neons to my door trigger(which turns on when I open my doors) and my illuminated entry on my alarm(when I disarm my car my neons would turn on) both of them on one relay instead of four. No switch though cause I wanted to make sure that my neons are off when I'm driving.
Hope this helps,
crxtasi
s7726 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

Just so you know if you live in Cali you can drive around with your neons on (not red though). According to the DOT neons are a diffused light and so can show any color other than red. You can have red it just can't show to the front of the vehicle. I don't remember what section of the vehicle code it is but it's under the diffused lighting section.

Have fun guys

PS - your remote start might have a way to set that additional trigger to a latched trigger, this would cut it down to one relay and a simple wiring job.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic