icon

Kick Panel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
asab16 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  

Guys could u describe or give defination of the kick pannel..........is it the wires close to the emergency brake.....

or where u rest your foot.....if standard where the clutch would be..........or is the wires that run in the pannels paralel to the doors of the vechile inside the moulding....

thanks

IF u dont get what I am asking.....please just describe the def....of "Drivers kick pannel" in detail

thanks

kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
If you are sitting in the driver's seat take your left foot and move it along the floor board toward the door when you hit the plastic piece in front of the door opening that is the kick panel.  Most vehicles have a hood release of something in these.  Also if you are looking for wires in the kick panel, remember that they could be under the carpeting, in the harness running up or into the doors.  And yes if you have a foot brake, then are next to that.
asab16 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  

thanx......I'm doing a Lesabre @ the momment and found parking lights and p-locks  under the carpet of the  driver side door ends....not near the emergency break cable...........or the wires running into the doors.

QUESTION......I had a situation where I was doing A Buick CEntury....and the P-lock wires were not available underneth the carpet and had to go 4 the wires coming into and out of the door of the driver side...I could see the wires but could not get @ them cause of the Emergency Brake....I attempted to remove the bolts to bring down the emergency Brake.....but was very difficult......could someone please tell me how to access these wires, easily tips or advice!!! I never got the P-lock wires just ended up doing R-start and Trunk...for my buddy.....but I could see the wires.....lt blue and white coming into and out of the door up high.....in the cornor....where it could not be reached..

thanx

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic