icon

2001chrysler town & country

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joker5150 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
hi  ok I was instaling an after market stereo a pioneer 6500 the harness is a metra  99-1817 right easy enough done million dodge /plymouth /chrysler all tha same. well i get no audio i conected tha blue white to the blue for remote to the amps but still no audio .if i connect factory radio its ok? what gives need helop fast ive been instalin for 10 years never cam,e across this.any help thanks
I love bass
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  

there is a female spade connector behind the radio.... make sure it's grounded

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
ya it sounds like a there is something not grounded right. I have ran across a problem where I had a poor ground on the radio but since the antenna was pluged in the ground was sufficent to power up the lights and what not but would not actually play music. Check your grounds
tom small 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
Could be a digital turn on wire for the factory amp.  Plug in the factory radio and turn it on and off while listening for a relay triggering.  Last  one I did had a relay under the hood that activated the factory amp.  Rewire the relay to trigger off of the new radio and you'll be golden.
Metra Tech 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
There is a relay under the hood in the fuse box that is labeled NBS. It is the relay towards the front of the fuse box on the drivers side. The labeling for the relay will be imprinted on the inside of the fuse box cover. Pull this relay out and keep it out. Run a wire from pin 87 in the receptacle to your head unit and you should be fine. If still nothing, put a relay on the remote out lead of your radio. Some radios don't have enough current to turn on the factory amps in these vehicles as they require a little more than normal.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic