icon

Bull Dog Remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jvelez 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Just wondering if I'm the only one with problems with Bull Dog products. Have a 98 caravan and the system works great in our shop (remote start). Once it leaves the shop, the system does not work. Have to remove fuses on system and somehow it resets the system and wdorks fine (in the shop). Customer takes vehicle home and it quits working againg. Please help. Good customer and they purchased system elsewhere because of price. Thanks in advance.
speakerman 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
I would check for a burnt up pin of some part of the power wire. Then when you find it bypass it. Also make sure all the connections at good. You are problably moving the wires when you are undoing the fuse and putting one back in and that is what is makeing it work. Also check the ground. Try moving it to the kick. besides that I don't have much for ya.
Hitekrednek 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  

I had a Bulldog remote start on a 93 Blazer and after install it worked great for 2 weeks.  Then I hit the start button and the brain malfunctioned and kept engaging my starter.  Needless to say it fried my starter solenoid.  I sent it back to Bulldog and the rep said it was a malfunction with the brain.  They sent me a new brain but didn't reimburse me for a $120 starter.  I never hooked the new brain back up because I've never once heard anything good about Bulldog products.

lf I was you I'd recommend getting the DEI Rattler for $59.  l just saw it on sale at Best Buy, and I think Circuit City may have them on sale in this weeks ad.  Good Luck.

Car chick 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
The wiring schematics are incorrect in the manual - I think Ignition & Accessory are backwards. To be certain call the 1 800 number included they will give you the correct information.
ExactOh 
Copper - Posts: 61
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  

I have had a lot of people calling me with problems with these units.  Most of them were installed more than one year ago, and most of them didn't own the vehicle when the unit was installed, and therefore don't have warranty info on their units.  They are not interested in paying me for my time to troubleshoot or replace the units, so they are just stuck with a faulty starter.

I have only installed two of these units in my short experience with remote start installs, but I am certainly getting a bad vibe with these problem calls.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
my response to anyone owning a Bulldog product is to trade it on a dog and shoot the dog....the product is junk, you get what you pay for and what can you expect from a $39.00 remote starter?
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic