icon

2000 dodge dakota

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kellyjscott1 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  

I was wondering if anyone could help, i have a 2000 dodge dakota quad cab, recently someone broke into my truck and stole my sony explode deck, cleaning everything out (all wiring harnesses etc.) now i bought a used pioneer din deck from a buddy of mine but cannot find out the wiring diagram from either the trucks stock wiring harness or the pioneer deck, i tried the diagram section on this web site but found none of the wires matched my vehicle wires, the only 3 wires that seems to have power are a red and white one, a black and green one and a orange wire, i found this out when i tried a power tester. if anybody coulb help it woulb be greatly appreciated.

speakerman 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2004 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Tell us what wire colors you have in the truck and what colors you have found online.
kellyjscott1 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  

I posted earlier about my original stock radio wire plug being cut off and stolen i have found out wich wires i have in the truck:

RED / white...orange...BLACK/ lightgreen...brown...BLACK / YELLOW...blue/black...blue/red...pink...green...blue.

these are the only ones that i can remember, i think the other ones i forgot to mention are just speaker wires, but from the diagram listed on this site only a few can match up i do not have any straight black or white or straight yellow the ones i found on this site are as followed.

constant...RED / blue...switched...RED / white...illumination...BLACK / YELLOW...dimmer...orange...now for the speaker wires....LF+...dark green...LF-...BROWN / red...RF+...BROWN / yellow...RF-...BROWN / lightblue...LR+...white...LR-darkblue/red...RR+...BROWN / white...RR-...BROWN / orange. as you can see not many of the wires match up. the problem i am having is wich wire is the constant power and wich is the switched on my dakota truck wires also the din deck i am trying to unstall is a 1997 pioneer DEH-49 the wires on the deck plug are as followed.

red...black...yellow...blue...white... RED / white...2WHITE/ black...2GREEN/ black...green...GREEN/ red wich i cannot figure out wich wire on the deck plug goes either. if anybody can sort of figure out what i have got can you please help me sort this thing out. thank you

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

www.installdr.com for the vehicle side harness, post up the wiring colors for the deck for the other side. If the factory harness was cut away then you will need to know the factory colors, if the harness is intact, buy yourself the proper harness that will color code to most cd players.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2004 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  

Red - ignition

Yellow - constant 12v

Black - ground

Blue - remote one / power antenna

white -fr+

white / red - rr+

white / black  - right - (2 wires)

green - fl+

green / red - rl+

green / black - left - (2 wires)

The red / white wire in the pickup should be the switched wire.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic