icon

2003 Tahoe Factory Disarm Wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Tight_dbz 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  

All the wiring information that i have seen points to a light green wire (negative) located on the Driver Door Module inside the driver's door.  I found three possible wires and probed them all.  They are all positive.  Does anybody have a clue on this.  I tried hitting the three wires with 12+ but nothing.  I have no idea where to go from there.  Any info is appreciated.

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
this is what i found
"Doorlock interface kit will: Disarm/rearm GM factory security system as well as unlock and lock doors" (velocitymotor).
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 5:43 AM / IP Logged  
Light Green (-) is all I'm showing as well..What are you installing that you need this wire? If it's a stand alone remote start, the factory alarm shouldn't go off when you remote start the car. If it's a keyless then the module your using to interface with the doorlocks should disarm it. By the way the proper way to test for the factory alarm disarm wire is as follows:
Put the black lead of your meter to ground. Put the red lead to the suspected wire. Set your meter to read ohms or continuity. Turn the key in the drivers door and when in the unlock position your meter should beep if set to continuity or read a low resistance if on ohms.
Another thing you can try is hooking the factory alarm disarm output to a relay as follows:
85: To (-) factory alarm disarm output from module
86: To 12v constant fused
30: To 12v constant fused
87: To pink (+) ignition wire
87a: Not used
This basically will send a positive pulse to fire up the ignition for a second which in a lot of cars will disarm the factory alarm..Good luck,
Mike
Tight_dbz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
OH ok.  Yeah i haven't hooked up the door lock interface yet.  Was trying to get the door triggers and the Factory disarm first.  I hope it works.  Thanks on the info for the proper procedure in probing for the wire.  By the way the alarm is a Clifford Matrix RS3. -Thanks alot.
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
I have installed in a few late model Tahoe's and found the disarm wire at the BCM, which is the box directly under the steering column harness.  It is also a green (-), but is in the far passengers harness, to the right of the purple harness.  I had a customer that continually locked the door with the inside switch when he exited the vehicle, and then he would lock it with the remote start.  When he went to unlock, it set off the factory security.  I directly connected the R/S disarm wire to the green in the far right harness of the BCM and it corrected the problem.
davedyer79
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

2003 Tahoe:

You CAN Hard wire to Light GREEN Wire in Driver Door at Module, which will show Negative when you UN-Lock door with Factory Remote
OR
You can use the DATA BUSS Module from Peripheral that hooks 1 wire into PURPLE Wire at at your Vehicles DATA PORT under Driver Dash.  It also takes care of the Door Lock & Unlock and there is a PASSLOCK 2 DATA BUSS available for it.  These products help save time and frustration.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
you can use the mod from dei 456g. this will take care of locks disarm and door triggers. you just have to hook it up to the purple wire in the datta port.
Xmc Sam 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  

factory disarm =Light green (-) purple plug at BCM under steering column

door trigger= Tan (drivers door) purple plug at BCM  Blue/white (passengers) Green plug at BCM *Diode isolate*

This is for a 2002 Tahoe, Have not verified yet if the same for 2003

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 5:54 AM / IP Logged  
"This is for a 2002 Tahoe, Have not verified yet if the same for 2003"
I used to pickup the light green (-) factory disarm on a lot of the gm trucks and suvs in the plug all the way to the right at the BCM. Lately I've been noticing that it isn't there anymore.
Mike
Tight_dbz 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
True. I don't think the disarm wire is still in the same place. 
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic