Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gumby_55 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 4:54 AM / IP Logged  

What would you guys prefer and why?

Pioneer AVH-P7500DVD or the Alpine IVA-D900

I've been looking at both of them but I cannot decide. Thanks.

BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  

go with the alpine

i would highly recommend it because it has higher quality mods. and are competitions.

can't explain really why its better. you just have to listen to the difference, and easyness of use. buy both and try it. then refund the one  u dont like ^_^

i would say go with the alpine

flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
i have an alpine granted its nice but i hear that they get alot of returns on them over at cirvuit city in town here and pioneers last longer + i heard also that pioneers read better when it gets bumpy i know when i hit bumps in my truck it doesnt work 2 well
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  

Go with the alpine. the only thing that makes the pioneer sell is its flashy graphics. The Alpine unit is really flexible and lets you even run a 3 zone multi source system. Right now on crutchfield.com you can find the Alpine on clearence. Alpine IVA-D900

ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  

I would say go with the Alpine, in my experience Alpine makes a better product. I have owned multiple pioneer and Alpine products and in every case I have preferred the Alpince products. Now I'm not saying that pioneer doesn't make good stuff, they do. I just believe that Alpine is a cut above, what is boils down to with me is sound quality, not screevsavers and flashy graphics. I'm all about the sound and features available with the unit and I have always preferred the sound from an Alpine unit.

Kadetheus 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
go with the alpine. the have an excellent s/n ratio that's only second to some of the kenwood hu s. but over all my alpine 9813 crushed my friend's pioneer as far as sound quality and features go.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

Eclipse.   You cant get a finer product.

Pioneer has good video i hear.  As for sound, i have a dehp6500, and i love it. I havent hear any new alpines, but the new type r's components and 6x9's like to fall apart.

I'd acually go to the store and look and listen to each one.  Go for what YOU like. All we have is opinions, and they could be from people who's on the bandwagon for alpine...or pioneer.

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
I would choose the Pioneer just because I don't see too many of these unit coming back for repair. I have the Pioneer AVH-P6500DVD just a smaller screen and it's great. If you are buying this to show it off to your friend go with the Pioneer because it's got the touch screen. Believe me, your peers will be impress when you get the touch screen working. Honestly, how many of you bought this high-end unit so that you can enjoy a good movie in your car? Alpine v.s. Pioneer - Last Post -- posted image.Precisely, you buy this to impress your friends and customers.   I don't want to speak for everyone but I kinda like the experience of going to the movies with my significant other and at home I kinda like the comfort of watching my movies on 60” tv in more quieter environment. I might be wrong here because a lot of people enjoy a good movie on a long trip. On the other hand, in the years I have put these units in the customer’s car I notice that these cars are never left out of sight of the owner when they are park.    I find it hard to enjoy a trip when you don’t feel comfortable with where you park your car. Anyways, that’s my two-cent. Alpine v.s. Pioneer - Last Post -- posted image.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Alpine v.s. Pioneer - Last Post -- posted image.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  

the Alpine has a bigger and brighter screen with a VERY WIDE viewing angle. It looks really nice.

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
I would go with the pioneer screen. I find that it does a better job of processing the audio signal than the Alpine. I find that the sub bass on the Alpines gets over processed and becomes kinda shallow, like it wont dig real deep. In the same vehicle I pulled out the alpine and put in the pioneer and the customer was instantly impressed by the sound of the pioneer. I was also very impressed with the sound. I have sold aproximently 25 of these units and have only had a problem with one, and that was the one in my demo car sitting on the show floor so you never know who is doing what to them. Both units have great viewing angles so I dont see that being a factor. I say pioneer but Im sure you would be satisfied if you decided to buy the alpine.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic