Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zr-deuce 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  

ahhh man you guys are killin me...j/k, i appreciate all the help

I got the jist of it now, thanks for it all

I was lookin at buying a set of cheap subs since they are the only parts i dont have laying around the garage to put something together. Particularly the Pioneer TS-W305C or DVC But you guys are tellin me im better off with going with a DVC 2ohm sub.   Those only come in SVC or DVC 4ohm

Any recommendations, just looking for a cheap sub to put in, im on a budget

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
Get the single 4 ohm voice coil version. Then wire one to your front bridged output and the other to the rear channel bridged output on your amp. JL Audio makes some good subs that are inexpensive also. Try thier W0 line of subs. W0 subs
soccer_aholic 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2004 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
Well if you are looking at getting cheap subs, then you will most likely have to go with single 4ohms. But if you can find a cheap set of subs that are DVC then go with them. it is not much harder to run the wiring at all, plus in the future if you ever want to use them with another amp it leaves you more wiring options. there is no difference in performance only the fact that you have more wiring options. Yeah i had a pair of W0's and there were good. i ran them off a 600 watt V12 alpine amp. But if you are running them off a 400 watt autotek then i am not sure you need to even spend that much. maybe some pioneer IMPP's or some cheap rockford punch (although i am not a big fan). Just buy whatever your budget allows you to do.
Soccer_aholicWhat impedence for bridged subs/amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
zr-deuce 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  

hey guys i just wanna thank you for all your help, i ended picking up those pioneer SVC subs. Thanks for helpin me understand about how to wire and what to get. Thanks

soccer_aholic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah no problem, I remember when i got my first set of subs i had the same questions, but one last thing. those pioneers that you bought they are single 4ohms right? cause i just want to make sure everything will work good for your. if they are single 4ohm then they will work perfect for yeah.

Soccer_aholicWhat impedence for bridged subs/amp - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
zr-deuce 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
soccer_aholic wrote:

Yeah no problem, I remember when i got my first set of subs i had the same questions, but one last thing. those pioneers that you bought they are single 4ohms right? cause i just want to make sure everything will work good for your. if they are single 4ohm then they will work perfect for yeah.

Yah they are both SVC 4ohm

Now i have another question, mostly about underpowering subs - my amp (autotek sx-475) is rated at 200watts x 2 @ 4ohms bridged RMS, these subs are rated at 50-400 RMS

Ive read about underpowering subs, i was gonna go with a lesser sub but im gonna be getting a good deal on a new amp (xs-900.2 or xs-900.4) in a month from my friend who hooked me up with this one.

Do you think i should be worrying at running these subs at 200w rms for the time being?

soccer_aholic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

No you don't need to worry about under powering these subs. I have had a few systems where the subs have been under powered, and i have never ran into a problem with them. I have also heard people says that it is bad to under power. but i have never once seen anybody run into a problem that occured from under powering. Most of the time when people build a system they under power there subs, just cause amps can be expensive. Oh and i checked out both those amps. they are both nice amps, but if you buy either of them buy the xs-900.2 cause if you buy the four channel one you will not be getting as much power because of resistance (ohms). in parallel your subs can run at 2 ohms, and the xs-900.2 runs 900wattbridged into a 2ohm load. but the xs-900.4 will give you 400 Watts X 2 Channels @ 4 Ohms each channel. that is 100 less whats. and they are going for the same price. but yeah for now don't worry about the under powering, it is not a problem

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic