icon

Headliners

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cbowlin99 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, i saw a headliner at a car show that had the outline of flames in it. Actuall saw it on several vehicles done by several different interior shops.   they werent colored or anything, just a raised relief of the flames from behind.  What i want to know is; was this a custom thing, or was it a comercially available product that i could do at home?  also, i was thinking of taking some headliner material, and stretching it over the mold (if that is what it is) and then outlining for diferent colored flames, then getting that embroidered to add a little color to the whole thing.

Craig B.

Craig B.
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
The headliners are done just like door pannels.  Strip of the old material, crlean the surface, glue on foam material, cut to shape desired, spray on glue and apply new covering material.  Stiching or colouring can be done but it is much more difficlut.  It would be easier to airbrush over the relief.  I think there was an episode of "Trucks" that showed this.  Good luck.
cbowlin99 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

ahhhh the old air brush, i overlooked that idea.  i have a neighbor(who has a brother) that is extremely handy with an airbrush.  Probably get better looking flames that way than with embroidered sticthes.

Thanks.

Craig B.
defective 
Silver - Posts: 642
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  
ya, Trucks had an episode with how to make a colored design on the headliner...... but it was the type where you tuck the fabric into the different shapes....cool, but it looked really tacky the way they did it in that truck.... colors were really bad....your headliner is supposed to be sutle
devildogmech 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
It wasnt trucks, it was Hot Rod TV.
Hardcor audio 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  

If you want to redo your headliner and make flames or what ever kind of design you can come up with, you can either use foam or even use dynamat,if you are not up to it, try an upholstery shop  they can help you you will probably spend 200 bucks or so

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic