the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

jbl 1200 or jbl 600

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
if you've got 4 comp vr's (unknown size), then I'd go with 2 JBL BP1200.1's
With those 2 amps, you'd wire 2 subs per amp at a 2 ohm total load per amp. You'll get apx. 1200 watts per amp, which equates to apx. 600 watts per sub. The 12" comp vr's are 400RMS 800Peak, the 15's are 500RMS 1000Peak. If you've got 10" subs, then you'll need to crank the gains WAY down since they are 300RMS 600Peak (well, that or go with 2 JBL BP600.1's for 300 watts per sub with 4 subs)
Watch how you wire the JBL BP amps. They're a mono-type amp, but have 2 channel inputs. Both inputs are for the same Mono channel, and are there for ease of wiring. DO NOT BRIDGE THEM!!! They are already bridged internally. Follow the instructions with the amp, or ask for more help and a wiring diagram if you go with the JBL's
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
skylark 
Copper - Posts: 191
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
i got the 12 inch comps so im better off getting rid of the audiobahn amp and getting two 1200 jbl amps i guess thats what im gonna do
goingcrazyonsound
wvsquirrel 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
I think you'll be very happy with your choice. You'll be running at apx. 600 watts per sub. Watch for cops, they love loud systems! Boom responsibily, you'll be pushing a sh*tload of power jbl 1200 or jbl 600 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
soccer_aholic 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah I agree that system will be killer!! I have ran one of the JBL 1200.1s and that was huge. With the right box you should easily hit 150. Just make sure you make a custom box for those subs. It is pointless to go that big and have a crap box. you will not be dissappointed with this system!
Soccer_aholicjbl 1200 or jbl 600 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
really if ur only running 2 then u only need a jbl 600.... i had 2 cvr 12s on 1 600 and it slamed real loud.... it was awesome... granted you wont win any comps or anything but its something nice + it was in a horrid bandpass box as well so itd be nice in a big ol ported box
flatulatta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  

wvsquirrel wrote:
They're a mono-type amp, but have 2 channel inputs. Both inputs are for the same Mono channel, and are there for ease of wiring. DO NOT BRIDGE THEM!!! They are already bridged internally.

would it be bad if u just "bridged" it anyways cuz i have mine like that now would it messa nything up or would i see a power decrease?

soccer_aholic 
Copper - Posts: 71
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
I say you get two jbl 1200.1s and run all for amps in a nice ported box and enter some competitions. you could do some serious damage. yeah i was wondering the same this as flatulatta. cause i ran a 1200.1 bridged and i has blown or anything yet. and on all the sites they say 1200 watts bridge. from everybody i have talked to that is the way you wire it to get the 1200 RMS. really let me know if i am doin this wrong cause i will need to fix it before i mess up my amp.
Soccer_aholicjbl 1200 or jbl 600 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
wvsquirrel 
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
flatulatta, he mentioned in his first post that he had 4 comp vr's. And the 12" comp vr's are 400 RMS, one BP600.1 would only push 300 watts to each sub (if he was running 2 of them off of it) and would be underpowerring them.
As for the bridging...
Yes, it will destroy the amp and possibly the subs if you externally bridged that amp depending on the ohm load you feed it.
In essence what JBL did was but a Y-Adapter inside the amp, giving you 2 channels to use for wiring multiple subs. With that amp, wiring 1 sub per channel may look like a normal Stereo setup, but it isn't.
The JBL BP series (600 and 1200) are 1ohm stable. If you applied 2ohms to each of the channels on the BP1200.1, the amp sees a 1ohm load (because it's essentially like wiring two 2ohm subs in parallel on 1 channel due to the internal bridge). If you externally bridged that amp, then you would present less than a 1/2ohm load to the amp, which is below its ohm stability level and it will blow.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
flatulatta 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
well i only have one dvc 4ohm L7 hooked up to mine "bridged" so its only a 2 ohm load... i think imma change it anyways
wvsquirrel 
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
you should have it hooked up in Parallel. make it look like this and you'll be fine
jbl 1200 or jbl 600 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Just hook it up to only 1 of the channels and you'll be good to go.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic