icon

sub install problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
saleengt 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked up the amp and subs and for some reason all im gettin is like a heartbeat feedback through the subs, they just keep subbing like a heart beats, and will not sub any music, is it a bad ground? or rcas are gettin interference?
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  

what are you using for equipment?

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
it's either a ground loop or you have the gain on your amp way too high.
saleengt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
whats a ground loop and how do you solve it, im using a hitron amp and some hollywood subs.. the gain is only about 40 percent.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
How did you set your gain?  Is it matched to the output from your head unit?  Where is your head unit grounded and where is your amp grounded?
Clean Install 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  

a ground loop is more than one ground path where the differences in current potential of each path create a voltage differential

make sure that your ground is grounded to the frame...even the frame can have a differnces in voltage due to the current flowing through different circuit paths..

do you have an extra pair of rcas?

saleengt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged  
the head unit is or i believe is grounded through the harness, I am not sure, but i did notice that if i pulled out the ground from the amp and turned the system on i would get feedback in the regular speakers, and i do have the mach 460 sound system with the mustang so those amps are on, becuase I am using the remote turn on wires for those amps too. the amp ground is to the frame, but is it possible that a non grounded deck is causing this problem? thanks
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  
Back up the bus, post up exactly what you have installed in this vehicle, back to front, make the post as detailed as possible.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
saleengt 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
the vehicle is a 97 ford mustang gt, now it has the premium sound, the mach 460 setup. I did not rewire, so the factory system is integrated with the aftermarket deck. I have a pioneer dehp 6500. Now i dont know if the deck is grounded or not. I used the premade harnesses and it may or not be grounded. Now I want to add an amp and subs. A hitron 2 channel amp and 2 hollywood excursions. Everything hookedup im gettin a heartbeat feedback through the subs, they are not playing any music just doing a heartbeat feedback. I tried taking the ground from the amp and seeing what would happen, instead i got engine whine in the regular mids, so i then unplugged the rcas and that removed the whine. So is it that the deck is not groudned and when i ground the amp, its trying to ground the deck through the rcas? thats why im gettin feedback in the subs?
Clean Install 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  

If your deck is turning on its grounded...

when ever I install a deck I make a new ground....most of the time to the frame under the dash.

It seems to work for me..never have had a problem with any noise..knock on wood...:-)...a guy one time had a long ground wire for his amp just a little guy for a amp....and he had noise problems...I shortend the length a foot an the noise was gone....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic