Dome light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdml 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  

Hello everyone

I am looking for the best  place to find the dome light on a 03 Ford Escape.  I would like to use the smart trigger feature on the Omega Max system.  Does anyone have any opinions on the Omega Max system with Echo 2 way paging.  I think it has some good features.  Is the ATV  system that they advertise  really as helpful as they make it sound?  Any help would be great!!

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2004 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
i have used the omega line for 17 yrs.........i have the same unit in my vehicle....it works great....no complaints
Make:   Ford
Model: Escape
Year:    2003
This Database Was Last Updated On:    6/9/2003
Index #: 5428
Alarm
Constant 12 volts RED / BLUE IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Ignition 12 volts LT.GREEN/ VIOLET IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter TAN/BLUE IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Dome Light LT.GREEN/ ORANGE (-) SMALL HARNESS HIGH IN DRIVERS KICK*
Trunk Pin Switch SAME AS DOMELIGHT
Parking Lamp BROWN (+) PIN 14 OF A 15 PIN CON DRIVERS KICK
Power Lock LT GREEN/ BLACK ** DRIVERS KICK PANEL #201
Power Unlock WHITE/ VIOLET DRIVERS KICK PANEL
*See Tech Notes ** Door Lock Wire: Shop Manual Shows Two Wires That Will Lock With A Ground Pulse.The PINK/WHITE Also Found In Drivers Kick Panel. #201-See Negative Pulse Door Lock Diagram
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
Couple of options, regardless of which one your looking for a light green / orange wire (-).
1. Look high in the driver kick for a connector sort of just floating all by itself. It will have 3 or 4 wires in it, one being the light green / orange.
2. Pull the panel covering the drivers side of the center console and you can pick it up there at the GEM module.
3. There is a harness running to the left of the fusebox in the drivers kick which contains your lock wires and factory alarm disarm. I could've sworn I checked there once and it wasn't there, but I know I've picked it up there before.
Good luck,
Mike
jdml 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you guys for your info, both of your were on the money.  Thank you also Draasch for reassuring me.  All of my friends are DEI and they said what I bought was crap.  I have known the Omega name for a long time and have experience with the Freedom keyless entry systems.  I enjoy installing their products. 

My other question that does not pertain to this subject is do 12volt shops require MECP?  I have just recently become a certified basic installer.  Although I know it is not much I think it might help me get a job.  I have seen soooooo many hack jobs here in the city that i wonder if the shops are in business with the theives.  Alarm units zip-tied to the steering column,  what in gods name is that?  Sorry for rambling on,  thank you all again!

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
"do 12volt shops require MECP"
Most shops don't require MECP, but it never hurts to have especially if your trying to get your foot in the door. Glad you got the alarm going. Good luck,
Mike
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 29, 2004 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
just remember this.....it doesnt matter what certification you have. an alarm of job is only as good as the install itself! i dont have certs and i have been doing this for 17 yrs. i think i do a pretty good job...no complaints for customer....repeat buss....you just have to be picky about your work. read and be a sponge and soak up all the info you can from other people..stay away from bad habits. i am self taught.
keep on learning and if you dont know just ask us....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic