icon

1996 Ford Ranger Wiring Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paulbass 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
I am trying to install a CD player into my 96 Ford Ranger.  I checked the wiring database and found the wire colors for the speakers however, my speaker wires do not match up.  Example:  RF Speaker is WH/Lt. Gr +, and Or/Lt.Gr-.  I don't have any WH/Lt. Gr or Or/Lt. Gr wires.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
Are you not using a wiring harness adapter?  It would make the job much easier and color varioations would not matter.
cbag1 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  

LF Speaker +/- blu/wht - orn/grn    radio or speaker
RF Speaker +/- grn/orn - wht/grn    radio or speaker
LR Speaker +/- gry/blu - tan/yel    radio or speaker
RR Speaker +/- orn/red - brn/pnk    radio or speaker

paulbass 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
cbag1, Thanks for the message, but my problem is that I don't have any wires with those colors.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

Try these colors: LF: blue w/ orange stripe -   white w/ blue stripe +  RF: white -  white w/ blue stripe +  LR: Red w/ blue stripe -  white w/ blue stripe +  RR: blue -  blue w/ blue stripe +   If these don't match try using a AA battery to find the individual speaker leads. Once you hear a pop check which speaker popped then make sure its cone moves outward when you hear it pop. If its cone moves inwards when you put the battery on the speaker lead then try reversing them and seeing if they pop outward instead. This will find you the + and - speaker leads going to each speaker.

Metra Tech 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
96' Ford Rangers always had amps in them and because of this wire schematics are confusing .  It should not concern you though because there is a wiring harness for your vehicle that you should be using. It is Metra part# 70-5602 and it bypasses the factory amp in the vehicle and let's you have the radio power the speakers.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic