icon

What 10 subs do you like?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bfog99 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 12:21 AM / IP Logged  
I like eclipse aluminum, diamond audio tdx, Xtant x series, JL 10w6v2, and infinity kappa perfects.
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
You could check out Elemental Designs e10.14, they come in either 4ohm svc or dvc. I have a freind in town who just picked up two of the 12's and built an enclosure for them off of the design that is published on their website and man does it hit and the SQ is very very good on them. You could also check out their A series woofer's if you really want to get serious. The O series 10's run for about $185 each and you can check them out at http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep2/10o.htm. After hearing his 12's I'm thinking of putting in a couple of 12" A series and running off of a JL 1000/1 that I've been saving for a special occasion.
specialblendj 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  

I think the type-x's are coming out in march. anyone heard em and got opinions?

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  

anyone who says the Type X subs are better then the W7s are probobly running or listened to the W7s in a Q logic or home made box that isn't right for it.

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

brahma and eclipse owns.

I'd do brahma since they are cheaper than the rest, but perform better than most, other than eclipse :D

I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  

JBL W10GTi is my current favorite 10" sub.  I also like the sound of Eclipse, Polk Momo and Diamond Audio subs.  Adire Brahma are very nice SPL subs.

MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  

I'd do brahma since they are cheaper than the rest, but perform better than most, other than eclipse

D,

Would you go with the Subzero enclosures that are designed for the brahmas, or custom box if you were installing them in your ride?

Also, I'm looking for Ground-Pounding, Earth-Shaking CALI Style Bass.

A.

boom, boom, boom boom....
Hardcor audio 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

So i see you are looking for real subs, not to put any other subs down, but honestly Digital Design subs have to be my pick, i have been installing for over 14 years, i have used all different makes[ kicker,ss,memphis, jl , rf  and many others, I can tell you that i havent heard a better sub that pounded so loud and sounded so clean and clear before. Again this is my opinion , you will get others to swear by  what ever subs they like, and remember  they are giving you thier opinion also. So take it for what its worth but give a listen to all kinds, but remember what ever shop you go into the subs they sell will be the best , if you know what i mean,so good luck in your hunt. and also have a price you wanna stay within and the space you are willing to give up for the enclosure

Keith - Owner of Hardcor Audio

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
I am an MTX dealer and I have to point out that if you are gonna use your box for 3 10s in the back you may be up sh*t creak because the baskets on the MTX 8000s are atually quite a bit bigger than almost any other sub. The actuall mounting hole is big enough that on most subs it leaves a pretty big gap so you are probally gonna have to replace the baffle any ways. I dont know what your install is like so you may be able to do this easily or you may not I dont know. If you cant you may want to look at some of the other oversized subs ot there like focal. I think there 11' matches up with the 8000 basket.
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 10:12 AM / IP Logged  

>I am an MTX dealer and I have to point out that if you are gonna use your >box for 3 10s in the back you may be up sh*t creak because the baskets on >the MTX 8000s are atually quite a bit bigger than almost any other sub. The >actuall mounting hole is big enough that on most subs it leaves a pretty big >gap so you are probally gonna have to replace the baffle any ways.

MAN are you ever right about the 8000's being HUGE! They definitely would not fit in most pre-fab enclosures. I have a custom sealed enclosure for my 8000's that was built specifically for them. Each chamber has a padded brace that supports the magnet. I like the Subzero enclosures that are designed for the Brahmas. But my box has to have an downward sloping angled face to work with my hinge and lift-actuators system that I built to mount my box, to still be able to access my spare tire. 

Could you take a look at the Adire website when its back up and look at the brahmas size compared to the 8000's? What do you think. I think that they will fit in my current enclosure, if If I modify the box sub braces.

boom, boom, boom boom....
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic