icon

memphis M3 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
netboy 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

I am currently in the middle of re working my entire sytem.  It is going to be mased on the memphis belle amp, the big one not the baby one.  My problem is deciding on which subs to go with.  I was thinking of the 2 12" memphis M3 subs, but was also thinking of going 2 L7s by kicker.  My main goal is to make an earthquake but with some sort degree of high sound quality.  Let me know what you guys think.  Oh yeah mtx 8000s crossed my mind but pretty unsure of them since 2 of there amps took a crap on me....there stuff isnt like the old ones used to be.Thanks

NB

Memphis MC-1300
2 12" JLw6v2
Diamond audio M3 6x9
Diamond audio M3 5.25 components
Audio control Matrix
Carputer
technodigifreak 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  

i loved my memphis audio 6.5's and 6X9's

nice warm sound from both

Hot-Modder
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
I have used memphis stuff and I gotta tell you I was impressed. I was using an M Class 300/2 to push my JL XR's and an M class 1000D to push two HPO's in a sealed box I had built for the subs. It absolutely pounded and it had great SQ also. I have never heard of M3 subs from memphis and I couldn't find anything about them on their website, but if you have already heard them play and you like the sound go for it. As for the L7's I've heard them in the proper enclosure and they are really loud and the don't have bad SQ either, I personally prefer Memphis over kicker as I have had a couple of kicker amps go bad on me and I'm not a big fan of theirs when it comes to quality control.  Either way you go you should get a custom enclosure built to spec for the subs you choose, or build one yourself. I cannot stress how much of a difference that can make, I would also make sure that you wiring is up to snuff. The memphis bell is a good amp and memphis makes quality stuff, you might want to take a look at their components, they sound really good for the money.
netboy 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 1:55 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah i got the power refrence components, good stuff, but cant handle that much power, blew both door speakers.  Going to up grade those when I do the subs and amp that way I only take apart the car once.  And from what i hear teh M3 sub is the new model for the HPO I guess thy are disconinuing the HPO.  Not totally sure though.
Memphis MC-1300
2 12" JLw6v2
Diamond audio M3 6x9
Diamond audio M3 5.25 components
Audio control Matrix
Carputer
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
If they are the "new" HPO's I would say to give them a serious look, I know that I loved my HPO's. They where very underrated and they pounded like hell, they also had good sq, very defined not muddy and sloppy.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
If you wanna think MTX think 9500's They are a nice driver with lots of output and are capable of producing nice bass as well for sq. Little bit of money but I heard one in a civic off a rockford bd500 and it was really nice.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic