icon

Screws

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wayland1985 
Silver - Posts: 353
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

So EVERYBODY has a philips head, or slotted screw driver....making it very easy for anybody who wanted to, to take out my subwoofers or amplifiers....So to try and increase security, and slow theives down, I'm looking for a different kind of screw and bolt....  Torx head, or square head, or even more preferably, triangluar head screws for bolting down my amp, enclosure, and holding down my woofers would be nice.... anybody know where to find them?  also, compatible bits would be nice too....

The home depot doesn't even offer the screws as special offer, but we all know they're out there....

~wayland
audiomechanic 
Silver - Posts: 388
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
you can try a more mom and pop type hardware store....they usuall have a ton of oddball stuff. like ace hardware.or a family owned type place.
i did a search on google..........here is the link to it
security fasteners
can_wrench 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  

We have all of them robison type screws and torx type screws here in canad.

If you can not find then go to one of the car dealers and ask them for torxs screws and if you go to dodge they can sell you a tork that has a small center in it, and the driver has to have the hole or you can not get them out.Screws -- posted image. This is what you will find in a dodge lock cylinder so that would be a place to have a look at eh dealer for just the torx go to any dealer Jeep loves to use them or come to canada we sell them in every store

technodigifreak 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
You could actually try lowes.  I bought some hex amp screws from there the other day and i believe i saw what you are talking about in the hardware section.
kustomcarluvr 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

Now that the subs are screwd down with torx screws, they will just take the entire box. they find a way around anything, that is like putting a club on a car, it seems that it may even be faster for them to steel a car with a club then without.

Matt

wayland1985 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 5 cubic foot box made out of 3/4 inch mdf....with carpeting and stuff, it weighs around 20 pound in itself, and is very awkward to carry....Now lets throw in my 2 subwoofer, each weighing just over 20 pounds.... That's over 60 pounds of a very large, awkward to carry box.... All I'm trying to do is slow theives down....if they want it bad enough, they can take it..... But it's gonna be one heck-of-a-pain to try and unscrew the woofers, or the box that's bolted down to the floor....

~wayland
93accordSE 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Bolt the thing down to your main frame, weld the sucker in there, lol
pureRF 
Silver - Posts: 619
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
wayland if u dont see the point of using these screws why did u start the post in the first place?
dream it, build it, fiberglass it
wayland1985 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
I want the screws.... I'm just trying to tell KustomKar where I'm coming from here.... YOU cant stop a theive....but you can slow him down and catch him.... I'm using the screws to slow them down..... That's why I said it's going to be a pain to take the box out....  So i want the screws and bolts, but want to set kustomkar (the un-believer) straight.....
~wayland
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic