icon

Audiobahn

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
beav 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

I was looking at amps and subs and i was wondering if audiobahn amps and subs would sound good.  I don't want to spend too much on a system but i want one that will hit hard and still have good sound quality. How good would they perform compared to JL subs.

97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
well, let me be first to say before anyone else starts saying there sh*t, everyone gonna tell you there not that good, well, if you buy there more high end stuff, lot there 400 watt subs, there pretty good, if you want tons of bass, go with the 1206 or 1208T subs, or, if you want sound quailty, get the alumQ subs, there not to expensive, they sound good, and there pretty loud, but, i thik ther dual 6 ohm voice coils, so hook them up right, or they will suck, i would look at different amps though, memphis makes osme amazing amps.
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2004 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
well, let me be first to say before anyone else starts saying there sh*t, everyone gonna tell you there not that good, well, if you buy there more high end stuff, lot there 400 watt subs, there pretty good, if you want tons of bass, go with the 1206 or 1208T subs, or, if you want sound quailty, get the alumQ subs, there not to expensive, they sound good, and there pretty loud, but, i thik ther dual 6 ohm voice coils, so hook them up right, or they will suck, i would look at different amps though, memphis makes osme amazing amps. caompared to jl in SQ, they don;t compare really, but, there cost much less, but they wll kill them in SPL
bfog99 
Copper - Posts: 212
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
Some people like them, some people don't. The BEST thing for you to do is go listen to them. Listen to others in the price range you are willing to spend and compare. They are going in your car and you will listen to them, not the people here. There have been a lot of posts about audiobahn subs recently. You can do a search of this site to read about them.
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
if your on a budget look at logic subs. the EX1200 is a pretty good sub for the money. It's no JL, but it bangs real loud and my be less money than audiobahn.  Check them out. www.logicsoundlab.com
Big Dave
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
I would say go listen to them and then listen to JL's in the same price range. I personally don't like audiobahn stuff but I'm not the one who is going to be listening to them everyday, you are. I have heard some of their subs in the proper enclosure and they've sounded decent, I just personally wouldn't run any of there stuff as I had an amp of theirs before and had a bad experience with it. I am a big fan of JL's but their is a lot of quality alternatives out there for you to choose from. You can look at Eclipse, Memphis, Element Designs, Adire and so on and so on. Look around or better yet listen around and let your ears make the decision for you.
jbjohn22jb 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
I personally did not know of Audiobahn until a month ago. Found it on Ebay and started looking up info on the web. Since then I have bought a A275HCT Audiobahn amp and 2 AW105IT 10" speakers. Can you say thump? I am not not one of those people who listen for total sound purity and crystal clear sound. I am not saying they are not clear, I just don't have the "ears" to discriminate it. I am so happy with the outcome from this amp and these subs that I am recommending them. Not to say that nothing else is good but on a low budget these sound great. But on the other side, the amp is power hungry. It is a high current amp that retails for like 600, but again, it's worth every penny. I have a cap on it and think I wil have to upgrade it or add another one. The power is just to intense. I would warn against alot of power although, cuz of windows breaking. I have not encountered anything negative as of yet with audiobahn and would recommend them to anyone.
Audiobahn AW105IT in sealed box
Tsunami PP910-CAPC 
sam1 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2004 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
i have two audiobahn 12s i got at a closeout sale for 125 for the pair a year ago.  theyre nothing super special, but i have 500 watts to each of them and they sound great to me.  ive had lots of stuff like MTX, RF, and lots of others, and my audiobahn 12s are my favorite, and one of the least expensive, ive had yet.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic