icon

1993 ford probe door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BubbasHouse 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged  
I believe I fried something in trying to test the single lock GREEN/ black wire.  Using a direct 12v positive, I locked the doors.  I then tried the direct 12v positive with a 4.7k ohm resistor.  Nothing happened.  The factory switches which worked before, no longer work.  No fuses are blown in the panel under the dash. The repair manual I have that covers the probe shows nothing of the actual door lock system.  This car had/has the factory ford keyless entry.    Any help would be appreciated.
Don't say; "I don't know.". Say; "I haven't learned that yet.".
cbag1 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
Lock requires a positive trigger. Unlock requires a positive trigger through a 4,700 ohm resistor. Must use relays for both lock and unlock.
BubbasHouse 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  

The loom has three wires which are green with black stripe (2 14 guage, and one 18 guage). 

As for what I fried. 

I burned a pathway on the circut board of the door lock relay unit which is mounted.  I repaired that pathway since autoZone didn't carry the D/L unit.  I then tried again.  I burned another pathway.  I repaired that pathway.  I then searched the loom agian and found the other 14 guage wire.  The way I would suggest testing the wire to make sure you have the right one is to use 12v through the 4.7k resistor you will need anyway.  If you get no response, you have the wrong green w/ black wire.                 (a direct 12v to the wrong wire fries pathways)

The D/L relay unit is behind the passengers side kick panel.  It is easily removed for repair.

Lastly: If you have fried a pathway, and it is your car, You can use a small section of stranded wire and solder it to repair the pathway.  ..PLEASE.. if it is a customers car, Inform them.  Although my repair is solid and more durable than the original pathway, I don't think it would be right to do it to a customers car.

Don't say; "I don't know.". Say; "I haven't learned that yet.".

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic